Ending

So I'm gonna do two different endings. This is the ending I was gonna do but, there will be an alternative ending or whatever it's called. And please read the A/N at the bottom it has some important information about my next books and this book. Now let's get on with the story! Enjoy!!!!

Ezra's POV

It has been a year since the accident with Nala. She had been having a few heart problems in the past couple of months. Our base on Atilon was destroyed my Grand Admiral Thrawn and his fleet. We have a new enemy now, Darth Vader. He has been on our tails for a while now. The rebellion is growing fast, more rebels are recruited everyday. We are currently on Yavin 4. The crew is getting ready to go on a mission, I realized it was a suicide mission. There was no way we were going to make it through this. Nala doesn't know that we are basically being sent to our deaths, neither dose Kanan. In all honesty, I rather not know I was about to die, then to go into this mission knowing this is my last. In a way, I will be glad to die in this way. I will go down fighting for what I believe in, I will see my parents again, I will see Zeb and I will get to see the rest of the Jedi. I didn't want Nala to die this young though, I wanted her to stay on Yavin 4. But she is being stubborn and refuses to stay behind. I sat in the cot-pit with Hera, looking at the lights of hyperspace.

"You know." Hera said softly.

"I know what?" I questioned. I looked at her and she glanced at me before looking out of the ahead once again. I looked ahead once more and allowed her to explain even though I knew what she was talking about. I think I wanted to just hear he voice, she was always comforting in these times.

"Ezra, you know we aren't coming back from this mission. We are going to our deaths." Hera said. I sighed and furrowed my eyebrows.

"Yeah, I know." I said. Just then Sabine walked in, she sat in the chair behind me.

"Hera, this is a suicide mission, isn't it?" Sabine asked.

"Yes, it is." Hera said in a sorry type of tone. "You don't have to come. You can take the Phantom and leave if you want." Hera added.

"I'm not leaving." I said firmly.

"Me neither." Sabine said.

"Good." Hera said, with a small smile.

"Did you tell Nala?" Sabine asked me. I sat still and quiet.

"No." I said in almost a whisper. We all went silent, I felt like Nala should know but at the same time I felt like she would be horrified.

"She might know." Hera pointed out. I started having an idea of what they wanted me to do.

"You should talk to her." Sabine suggested a little pushy. I groaned slightly knowing they were right.

"Fine." I said then went to find Nala. She was sitting in the nose gun, and looked to be in deep thought. She was turning fourteen in a few weeks but, she wouldn't live to see that day. I walk over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. She flinched and almost jumped out of her seat, proving that she was in deep thought figuring she didn't hear me walk in.

"Oh, it's you." Nala said with a slight sigh of relief. I kneeled down beside the young teen, she had grown quite a bit she was about 5,5, her body had matured more, her attitude had matured and her silky mid back length hair now reached her waist.

"Are you okay?" I asked. I noticed her eyes were glossy and tears were forming in the corner of her eyes. "Nala?" 

"This is our last mission, isn't it?" She asked. I picked her up and sat down with her on my lap.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"This is a suicide mission, you know it. We aren't supposed to survive this." She said in a whimper as she cried silently. I held her close.

"I don't think we are going to die today." I told her.

"You know that we are." She said knowing I lied. "Please don't lie." She added sadly.

"I think it is." I said with a sigh. She cried a little more.

"I don't wanna die." She cried.

"I know, I don't want you to die either. But, on the positive side you will get to see your parents again and you'll get to see Zeb again." I said trying to find any positives. She laid against my chest and I held her.

"I guess your right." She sniffed.

~~time skip~~

The battle was intense, it was us and very few other ships. We were a distraction to the large Imperial fleet. There was tie-fighters everywhere and the we saw 'him'. Darth Vader had arrived in his tie-fighter, we all were focusing on the mission. Hera was making some really risky moves, which we barely got out of. We knew what would happen which made it all more nerve wrecking. I shot down multiple ties.

"GUYS WE NEED MORE COVER!" Hera commanded. I used to force to help me shoot down more. We were doing decently good, till Vader had his sights set on us.

"PHOENIX LEADER, WE ARE GOING DOWN!" We heard on of the pilots scream. Not long after it was just us, Vader kept hitting us over and over.

"WE ARE GOING DOWN GUYS! I LOVE YOU ALL, YOU WERE ALL LIKE A FAMILY TO ME!" Hera cried.

"WE LOVE YOU TOO HERA, I LOVE YOU AS MORE THAN A FRIEND!" Kanan exclaimed.

"THANK YOU FOR SAVING ME! I LOVE YOU GUYS AND I'M PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF THIS CREW!" Sabine sobbed.

"THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GIVING ME A CHANCE, EZRA I LOOK UP TO YOU AS A DAD I ALWAYS HAVE!" Nala said while crying.

"I LOVE YOU ALL, IM GLAD I'M GONNA DIE WITH MY FAMILY AT MY SIDE! KANAN, HERA YOU TREATED ME AS YOUR SON AND I LOVE YOU LIKE PARENTS! SABINE YOU WERE ALWAYS LIKE THE BIG SISTER I NEVER HAD, CHOP YOU WERE LIKE A TROUBLE SOME PET THAT WAS ALSO MY PARTNER IN CRIME! NALA YOU ARE LIKE MY DAUGHTER, YOU ALWAYS HAVE BEEN! I LOVE YOU ALL!" I shouted. Then we all waited for the final blow. We had all run to the cot-put for one last hug. We held one another tightly, the only thing heard was silent cries. We saw Vader retreat than, tie bombers came out, a bomb was sent right at us, the guns were down so we just closed are eyes. Everything seemed to move in slow motion. The impact hit and we were blown to bits.
_______________________________

    Please read-

This is the end of this book! If you want to see the alternative ending I will publish it soon. This is how this book actually ends though, this was their fate in this book. I'm making the alternative ending because I wanted to show you guys how it could have ended, but me trying to get my readers to cry in at least one of my books did a sad ending.

When I finish The Light In Our Life, Secrets, Partners In Crime and It's Complicated (which will be updated soon), I will release another small group of books. Once Proving He's Innocent is ended I will be publishing Coming Together, if you have read my A/N book you know which book I'm talking about. Tigerroar52 you were the only person who voted on which story should come out next, thank you for giving your opinion, I am actually working on the book now.

           Till next time Emily out.