Awake

Nala's POV

"We were so worried." Ezra said. I was very confused as to why they were worried, I didn't remember what happened.

"Why?" I asked in confusion. My voice was scratchy and cracking, it was painful to speak.

"You don't remember?" Sabine said in confusion. I shake my head 'no' sense it hurts to speak. I started to sit up but hissed because it hurt like crazy, wincing in pain I laid back down. Ezra's eyes filled with concern, so I smiled at him softly.

"You were caught by the Inquisitor, the only way to save you was to blow up the ship. But, you barely survived. It was a risky move, but it worked." Ezra explained giving me a sad and soft smile.

"Your heart stopped a few times, and while in space you nearly froze to death." Sabine explained, wearing the same expression as Ezra. Wait? My heart stopped? She said a few times, how long have I been out?

"Wait?! You never told me her heart stopped!" Ezra said in a not so happy tone. It was no surprise no one told Ezra, he would have completely freaked out. He has always been extremely protective of me and acted like a father.

"I was told not to. I knew you would freak out." Sabine explained. Ha! Knew it.

"Can...I have...water?" I asked, voice sounding horrible, it was more like a croak, it was painful to talk and felt like finger nails were being drug across my throat. Sabine quickly filled up a cup with water and handed it to me. I sipped the water slowly. My throat started to feel a lot better.

"What is the last thing you remember?" Ezra asked. I had to think really hard about that, I know we went on an op, then it being a trap. But that's all, when did the ship explode? When was I thrown out into space?

"We were on an op, but we found out it was trap but that's all I remember. How long have I been out?" I asked.

"Three weeks." Sabine said.

"What were you two crying about?" I asked out of curiosity. They both stiffened, I was heavily regretting asking them now. I could tell they were debating not telling me.

"Well, because of how long you were unconscious, the rebellion started loosing hope that you would ever wake up..." Sabine started but trailed off. I looked to Ezra, knowing that Sabine wasn't going to be the one to finish.

"So?" I questioned.

"So, they were getting ready to take you off life support." Ezra explained softly. I understood why, but still the thought that I was so close to death was scary.

"Is everyone else okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, everyone else is okay." Sabine said smiling.

"What happened to the Inquisitor?" I asked. They are probably getting annoyed by how many questions I'm asking but I need to know.

"Don't worry about him. He died in the explosion." Ezra said. It made me glad to know that we didn't have to fear the Inquisitor anymore, but I figured that there was a much larger threat.

        Thrawn's POV

"I'm requesting I have a true Sith Lord to assist me." I requested to the Emperor.

"I will be sending my apprentice to your location, between the two of you, Phoenix Squadron should be no more." He said.

"Yes my Lord." I said then the call was cut.
________________________

     Okay so I'm ending this book soon. But, I need to know what type of ending you would like. A happy ending or a sad ending. It can go either way right now.

          Till next time Emily out.