Thank You

Ezra's POV

   I was worried about Nala. I knew what to do though.

"Kanan! Hera!" I said to wake them up.

"Ezra." Kanan groaned while waking up.

"Ezra!" Hera cheered.

"Are you okay?" Kanan asked.

"Where's Nala?" I asked skipping Kanan's questions.

"On the Ghost." Hera said.

"Can you bring her here?" I begged.

"I can see what I can do." Kanan said then left. I unhooked the heart monitor and IV.

"Ezra." Hera scolded.

"They won't let her in here. I'm seeing Nala with or without permission." I said standing up and walking to the refresher. I quickly got changed in to sweats and a T-shirt. I walked out of my medical room and headed down the hall. I saw Kanan trying to convince the guards to let her in.

"Nala!" I called out. She turned towards me then ran to me, the guard tried to grab her but she was too fast. I wrapped her in my arm as she hugged me tightly while burying her face in my neck.

"I was so worried!" She sobbed. I held her close as she leaned into my warmth.

"I'm okay. Everything is okay." I soothed. I buried my face in her long brown hair, and sighed. She stopped crying and we separated. "Were you taken care of?" I asked. To my relief, she nodded.

"Sabine took care of me." Nala answered. I look at Sabine who was down the hall letting us have our moment.

"How about you go get a board game and bring it back here for us to play." I told her. She nodded and walked off. A doctor walked over to me and lead me back to bed. I heard a light knock on the door so I used the force to open it. Sabine stood in the doorway.

"Hey." She said as she walked over.

"Hey." I said. Ever since she returned to the rebellion things have been rather awkward between us. "Thank you." I said gratefully.

"What did I do?" She asked.

"You took care of Nala." I pointed out.

"Oh that. It was nothing." Sabine said.

"To you maybe. But to me helping Nala is big deal." I explained.

"I knew how important she is to you. But, it was only like twenty-four hours at most." She said.

"You still kept an eye on her, that's what counts." I said. There was a little knock at the door. Sabine got up and opened the door. Nala ran in and over to me. I looked at Sabine and gave her a grateful nod, which she returned then left. I looked at Nala and smiled at her. She looked at me and returned smile.
________________________

         Till next time Emily out.