Things Must Go Wrong To Go Right

Sabine's POV

  Ezra and Nala got back from shopping. Ezra gave Hera and Kanan the supplies and crawled back up the ladder. I waited for him to come back down. When he did he had Nala in his arms asleep. He carried her to her bed and tucked her in. They had gotten back really late and it made me hope their bond was back to normal.

Ezra's POV

I sat Nala down on her bed then covered her up. I moved her bangs out of her face then kissed her forehead and stroked her cheek gently. I couldn't help but smile at her, she had a smile on her face as she slept. I got up and walked to the door.

"I love you, dad." I heard Nala say tiredly. I turned around and saw her smiling at me.

"I love you too, sweetheart." I said the walked out of the room. I headed to the common room and sat down on the couch. I had to do a mission with Sabine tonight and wouldn't be back till tomorrow night.

"Okay! Listen up. You two will go to the ship yard get the data chip from our contact then come back. It is not that hard. Do. Not. Mess. Up. This. Mission." Hera explained.

"Understood." I sad then left to my room. I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote Nala a letter telling her that I would be gone. I know that she's completely capable of taking care of herself but, I'm not gonna leave for a mission without telling her. I made a list of things for her to do while I'm gone and pinned it on her wall above her desk. I set her note on her desk then smiled at her before leaving. I got in the Gauntlet with Sabine then we took off. It was a silent ride and it was really awkward. I watched out of the corner of my eye as Sabine got out of her seating left the cot-pit. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

~~~Time Skip~~~

We found the ship yard and went to get the data chip. But there was no contact in sight.

"Umm...Ezra." Sabine said backing up. I looked at her and noticed there were stormtroopers. I look be hind us and there were more troopers. We were surrounded.

"Karabas!" I cursed under my breath.

"Drop your weapons!" A familiar voice commanded.

"What do you want?" I growled to the ISB agent that killed Zeb.

"Well, prisoners are nice." He smirked. Then before I could react I was stunned.

~~yet another time skip

I woke up in a cell and saw an unconscious Sabine. I had a little blood dripping from my nose but I payed no mind to it. We were both hand cuffed and alone. I heard a light groan and saw Sabine waking up. After about an hour we were both sitting up and waiting for who knows what.

"Ezra..." Sabine started shyly. I looked at her.

"Yes?" I asked.

"What happened to you? You used to be so desperate to talk to me, now you avoid me." She said with a hurt expression.

"Sabine, do you know the scars you left me with when you left?" I questioned.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"I mean you left and didn't come back for years. People change. You used to be the first person I thought about waking up and the last person I think about before bed because I wanted you to be safe." I said.

"And now?" She asked.

"I have new priorities now. Nala is basically my daughter. You left me heartbroken and you didn't even visit or call." I explained.

"Ezra, I'm so sorry. I wanted to come home. I really did. But, the other Mandalorian Clans blocked transmissions and wouldn't let us leave the atmosphere." She explained. We talked for awhile and filled each other in on what's new in each other's lifes.

"Let's get out of here." I said. She nodded and looked around. "Hey, think you can fit in that vent?" I asked pointing to a vent.

"Maybe." She said unsure. I let her use me as a stool to get up. I heard her sigh then she got off me. "It's too small." She said. We waited by the door and when a guard came in we slipped out and locked him in the cell. There was an explosion that caused me and Sabine to get a few cuts and bruises we made it back to the ship then flew off. I helped tend to Sabine's wounds while we flew back home. I took a quick shower then went back to the cot-pit. I landed the Gauntlet and walk back to the Ghost with Sabine.

"There you two are." Hera said worried.

"How long were we gone?" I asked.

"Almost two days." Hera said.

"It was a trap." I said.

"I can give the mission report." Sabine said smiling.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Nala, was a nervous wreck. She knew something went wrong." Hera said. I ran into the ship and to Nala's room. I kneeled beside her and moved her to  one side of the bed then laid down beside my daughter figure. I held her close to me as she slept. Soon I drifted off to sleep.
________________________

         Till next time Emily out.