Please Live

Ezra's POV

Nala looked horrible. She was bleeding and was basically freezing to death because of how cold space is. Her lips were dark purple and her skin looked blue. When I grabbed her I noticed that she wasn't breathing. I headed back to the ship as fast as I could. I got her on the ship and removed my helmet. I started doing CPR to try and get her to breathe. Her pulse was faint and was slowly fading. I took her to Sabine in the med bay so that she had a chance.

      Sabine's POV

   I started to work on Nala as fast as I could. I got her lungs thawed and her heart thawed. The reason she couldn't breathe was because of the air type in space and her lungs had frozen. She coughed hysterically to get the ice out of her lungs. When she stopped her form went limp, she was shivering a lot so I turned up the heat in the med bay. I cleaned her wounds as Hera ran in.

"What damages?" Hera asked.

"Well she had a layer of ice on her lungs preventing her from breathing, ice around her heart and many cuts, bruises, etc." I explained.

"Okay, Ezra go rest." Hera told him.

"What?! No I'm not leaving Nala's side." Ezra said stubbornly.

"Ezra, now." Hera said scoldingly. He growled then left.

"Hera-." I started but she cut me off by raising her hand slightly.

"What's the bad news." Hera asked walking beside Nala's bed.

"Do to being in space without proper gear, she will have breathing problems in her older years. The ice that froze around her heart made it more likely for her to flatline." I explained with tears brimming at the corner of my eyes. Ever since me and Ezra got close again, Nala, me and Ezra had been spending a lot of time together. I have come to look at her as a daughter and Hera saw that. She hugged me tightly and I cried.

        ~~~time skip~~~

    I was watching over Nala while talking to my mother, then I heard the heart monitor flatline.

"HERA!" I yelled ending the call with my mother. I ran to Nala as Hera ran in with Ezra. Hera got debriefers and ran to Nala.

"Clear!" She said then shocked Nala's heart. But, I didn't work. Ezra tried to contact her through the force. After shocking Nala's heart a few more times, we got her heart online again. I sighed in relief and sat down, Ezra and Hera doing the same.

"That was a close one." Ezra said.

"Yeah." Hera said, while I nodded in agreement.

"Can I have a minute?" Ezra asked.

"Of course." I said then left with Hera.

        Ezra's POV

   I held onto Nala's hand and looked at her emotionless face. I knew that even if she woke up she would have to stay in bed. I ran my fingers through her silky brown hair.

"Nala, please live." I begged.
________________________

        Till next time Emily out.