Chapter 3

Michael's POV

I choose to keep my eyes glued to the boy beside me, who's hands were now trembling.

"Luke, you don't have t-" he cuts me off before I finish

"I want to tell you." He looks over at me for a moment before looking ahead, the cold gust of wind blowing his fringe about before it dies down again, causing my stomach to tie into a knot.

"It all started at the beginning of high school.." Luke starts, causing me to snap from my daydream and listen.

"His name was Nathan, Nathan Carter. We were in the same grade and basically started hanging out, like you and me are now. I grew fond of him and before I knew it we were an item. It happened so fast and we were young.." He looks at me for a moment.

"He dumped me about three or four months after we got together, claiming we were too young and stuff, it hurt like hell. Eventually I got so mad and depressed I started telling people rumours about him, he got so pissed he started abusing me... Physically and sexually"

A lump grows in my throat but I try to put my mind off it so he could continue

"I told my parents about the abuse and they called the police, he.. He kidnapped me after he found out the police were after him. I wasn't hidden away long. But, that night, he told me he'd be back and his friends would be after me and my family. So, we had to move. He'll be out of prison in about ten years I hope so..I'm safe."

I nod and stand to my feet, he does too and I pull him into a warm hug, he instantly responds.

"Your so brave" I whisper as a tear rolls down my cheek, I frown at the effect he has on me as I step back and look down.

Luke puts his finger under my chin, tilting it up. A blush creeps onto my cheeks as he wipes the tear away and joins his fingers with mine again, leading me back the way we came. I can't remember anything now, all I care about is keeping him safe. My bad past isn't going to effect this bond we have. I'm now a Little Less Punk as my mother used to tell me to be. I smirk at the thought.

Ashton's POV

"Is Michael and his fella making their own way to my house for rehearsal?" I ask Calum who's sat in the back seat of my car as me and Amber get inside.

"You told them eight.." He mumbles and I sigh. Normally our practice would be right after school but I figured I'd let them hang out, but it seems they ditched anyway.

"Text him" I say to Calum and he nods his head, sending a quick text to Michael asking him to come round now.

I look over at Amber and smile before looking ahead at the road again, I love her so much. I blush a little before Calum's speakes up.

"They'll leave now, they went back to Michael's so he has his car"

I nod from the front and pull in my street, Climbing out before walking to the garage and open the doors, we usually have rehearsal at mine so all the equipment is here. We only ever have it at Michael's if my parents are home, luckily they aren't today.

We wait in the garage for ten minutes before Michael finally arrived walking into the garage with Luke close behind, keeping silent. He's always so quiet.

"Okay, so, Luke. What do you know about music?"

Luke's POV

I bite my lip, Thinking. Should I tell him? I agree with my thoughts and sit down on the sofa at the side of the room as I start to speak.

"I wouldn't say I'm terrible at singing... And uh, I play guitar" I look away once he smiles a little

"Hey, We're looking for a lead singer? Up for a try" I look back at him again with a raised eyebrow, Shyly nodding. I guess it will get me a little closer to Michael.

"Okay" I stand to my feet as Calum sets a microphone up in the middle of two others and Ashton gets behind his drums.

"What song?" I ask, Mumbling a quiet thank you to Amber afterwards as she hands me a guitar.

"Just join in.." I look at Ashton as he nods his head at me and begins to play.

We play for about Half an hour, it was quite easy to get a hang of the tune to 'Disconnected' on the guitar, and even the lyrics. I agreed to 'join' the band but I'm still thinking.

"I'll order a pizza" Ashton chirps as we follow him into his house and into the kitchen.

"Hey..." I hear Michael's voice behind me as I sit down.

"Hi," I look at him with a small smile.

"Your a pretty good singer" he smirks and sits in the chair beside me.

"Your not bad yourself" I send him a wink before looking away as he chuckles.

No ways in a million years would I have thought I'd be falling for someone this hard so easily again.

..

(Sorry this chapter is so short!! It's after 10pm here in the UK because I forgot to update so made it quick. I'll try update again soon! We're only at ch.3 so it is a little boring but keep reading, more is to come!

Follow me/Tweet me @zippernouis) VOTE+COMMENT

Unedited