Chapter 8

Luke's POV

I can't believe he is standing right there, with no fucks to give. 

He ruined my life and now he's here, out of all places, he's here.

How the fuck did he get out of prison? He should have been in there for life.

All these questions are flying around in my head, my vision is starting to blur and all I can see is Michael's figure standing guard infront of mine along with Nathan's dumb ass smirk. Shaking my head I decide to step up my plate.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I spit, Pushing Michael to the side a little.

"Long story" He shortly answers, Keeping that same wicked smirk.

"We have time" I nod my head to an old bench across the road, grabbing Michael's hand and pulling him to the bench. "Just let me do the talking, okay?" I whisper to him and he causiously nods his head.

Nathan is first to sit down, I sit at the complete opposite side and Michael stands behind me.

"So, How did you get out?" I try to ask, Keeping my nerves to a minimum.

"Let's just say, My sister knows some people. She told me you were here so I figured I'd come say hello, maybe hang here for a bit" His smirk disapears and he sits there emotionless.

I look down at my trembling hands and clasp them together in my lap. He really hasn't changed, and there was me hoping he wasn't going to bother me and was only here to see his sister. "So, You just got out of prison, after everything you did to me?" I clench my jaw a little, anger starting to rise.

"Obviously, Why else would I be here," He answers, His face still emotional and his smirk not returning, luckily, I was ready to wipe it right off, literally.

"Look, Luke. I'm not going to bother you, The last thing I need is to be back in prison. You clearly have someone to take care of you and don't need me, But seriously, I'm not leaving this area. The amount of frat parties around here is insane, and my sister knows a lot of people. This one guy, Daniel, He's pretty sick. He knows this other guy though who is in the hunt for some other boy, fuck knows. He was explaining it to me last night and I was pretty much high on drugs."

I can feel Michael tense behind me, Causing me to think about what Nathan was saying, Daniel, The guy who was with Amber, and his friend, who is chasing someone, Michael.

I decide to stay quiet and look back at Nathan. "Your telling me this, because?"

"Oh I don't know..Maybe because you're in the same school as these guys and I don't want you getting hurt? fuck."

Nathan might have been so heartless and mean to me before, But he would do anything to protect me. I'm well aware of this, But I don't need some babysitter. I have Michael and my family.

"So, What do you say, Mates?"

I look at him with wide eyes, Standing to my feet with anger. "What?!" I step closer to the boy who ruined me.

"No fucking way Nathan, It's going to take some more than some stupid explanation about you wanting to protect me before I bow down to you again"

His smirk returns and I roll my eyes, stepping back and joining my hand with Michael's, "Now Nathan, If you don't mind me, Michael and me are going to have a little chat."

Michael's POV

"So, What's up?" I ask Luke.

We've been walking for about ten minutes now, In complete silence. I know he's upset and really shocked about Nathan's release from prison, But I thought he would be a lot more open to me.

"Why are you running from those guys, The one's Nathan was talking about?"

"Luke, that's the last of your worries..." I frown, Looking down at my scuffed up shoes as I walk.

"No, I want to know Michael. No more secrets."

I look at him quickly and in hale a deep breath, He won't let this go.

"Okay, Okay. Basically when my parent's left I started hanging out at the frat house because I was lonely, Ok? I owe them money, A lot of money, and I don't have it. The guy, Greg, and his friend Jason, They can't come back here until I have the money. They don't exactly know I'm still here so they've been searching for me all over America. They'll be back here in December for the money, and if I don't have it, I'm dead."

He frowns and looks ahead, "Sound's like something you'd watch on tv." He laughs "Why do you owe him money?"

"I had to sell drugs for him but I found it really dodgey so I just gave them away without thinking twice about the consequences." I press my lips together and the frown stays on his face.

"Did you take drugs?," He soon asks once we turn the corner to my quiet street.

"I did.. It became an addiction. Then the boys and band came along. My head is basically focussed on that.." He nods his read right away, completely understanding.

"So, How much money do you owe?" What is this, 21 questions? I look down at my feet smirking at my lame joke before looking at him. "Half a million" 

With that he stops dead in his tracks and turns to look at me, eyes wide. I press my lips together and wait for what's to come. I was expecting some lecture about finding that much money in the space of eight months, but instead, he laughs. He laughs.

"Why are you laughing?" I ask, Shoving my hands into the pockets of my jeans.

"I'm pretty sure you can make that much money Michael.. Get a job?"

"That's effort. Eight months worth of work won't get me five hundred thousand dollars" I disagree with what he's saying and begin to walk again, Luke sticking by my side.

"Just trust me" He finishes with and I let out a sigh, stopping at the end of my path.

"I'm going to go home tonight, my mums probably worried." He turns to face me and I nod, understanding. "I'll see you at school then?" I smile and he also smiles.

I awkwardly stand there, complementing weither to lean in for a kiss or not. Instead I lean forward and let my lips linger on his cheek for a second or two until his head moves, connecting our lips. My eyes flutter shut and I reach to put my hands at the back of his neck, Our lips stay together for a moment before he pulls back. Letting his forehead rest ontop of mine. "Goodbye Michael."

"Goodbye Luke,"

Luke's POV

I take up the courage to face the lecture i'm about to receive from my mum and push open the door to our house, Closing it quietly behind me and removing my jacket. As soon as I hang up onto the peg i'm taken a back by the laugh coming from the dining room.

I take no time to walk to the door and push it open, Frowning as I do so. My parents and brother, Ben are sat at the large table, Pizza, I think in the middle. And Nathan. Nathan is at my table.

"Oh Hello Luke" My mum greets me, "I guess you have finally joined us"

I roll my eyes and nod.

"Nathan here was just telling us about the offer you took up earlier when you saw him" She continues.

"Offer?"

"Yeah, About you and him going back to Australia. He has your life all planned out, And it sounds marvellous." She smiles.

I look at Nathan, Confused as ever. His lame as smirk still playing on his lips "What,?" I mutter under my breathe.

..

(Hii! This chapter was crapppppp. But yes, NATHAN IS BACK WHAT??

Okay so, Thank you for all the votes, really means the world. Also, My twitter is now @mysticluke_ if you want to tweet/follow me!

Question; What do you think is going to happen next? 

COMMMENT + VOTE ILYSM)