Chapter Five

Zayn's POV

                  Does she not know who I am? He thought to himself.  She didn't run up to me screaming like most girls do, she talked to me like a normal person, not Zayn Malik from one direction. But if she didn't know who I was why wasn't she freaked out when she saw my drawing? There’s something about this girl he thought while leaving the coffee shop not long after Marilyn.

--------------

Marilyn's POV

On my run to school I contemplated telling Amy about Zayn. I didn't want to lie to my best friend but I don’t want her freaking out and demanding to meet him and the rest of the boys, especially Louis, her favorite. I decided not to tell her until and if something serious sparked.

Right as I walked into Mr. Caraballo’s class the tardy bell rang. "That was close”, I thought to myself

"Hey, what's up?" Amy asked

"Nothing much you?" I said guiltily looking down. I wasn't lying I told myself, just withholding the truth a little bit. She went in to asking why I was almost late and I made up an excuse that I lost track of time because I was so into my book at Deedee's, which was sort of true. I did lose track of time just not because of my book.

---------------

After school Amy and I decided to hang out at my house. I agreed since I had nothing better to do and neither did she. Walking home we talked gushed about one direction, I neglected to tell her that I had met Zayn. Walking up the stairs of the building I lived in I noticed that the mat was misplaced. I turned the knob of my apartment and it was open. I looked at Amy with wide eyes.

"Oh my god" she whispered "I ‘m not ready to die! You go first." she said.

"Oh thanks a lot, I love you too best friend." I said sarcastically.

“Hey! It’s your place, not mine.”

“Technically, it’s my parents. So do you want to sit here defenselessly and wait and end up looking stupid because there’s no one inside? OR do you want to get to the bottom of this now?”

“Ugh, now I guess.” She relentlessly “but if I die it’s your fault!”

I slowly turned the doorknob and tiptoed into the entrance "Hello?" I said, regretting it as soon as it left my lips. "Because you know a killer's going to greet me..." I thought.

"Hello honey" my mother said walking out of her room.

"Oh, Hi mom. What are you doing home so early?" I asked

"Hello Mrs. Acosta" said Amy relieved.

“Amy please, I told you call me Rose" she said to Amy smiling.

"Any way, my office is getting fumigated so we got the rest of the day off and maybe tomorrow" she directed at me.

"Oh, and dad?" I asked.

“Working." she replied.

"Oh okay. Well me and Amy'll be in my room studying"

"Okay, have fun!" she replied as we walked towards my room.

                  In my room we just sat and talked about our day. Had some laughs. Amy and I always had the best time together, no matter what we were doing. After a short laugh she asked

“How about that guy at Deedee’s? Have you talked to him?”

“Uhm, yeah. Actually. We sort of talked today” I said smiling, reminiscing on the memory.

“What he say? What’s his name? It’s Zayn isn’t it?”

“We didn’t really talk. He needed a seat because it was packed this morning. He asked if he could sit there and I said yes. That was pretty much it.” I lied.

“You should definitely try and talk to him more. Stop being such a book worm.”

“I don’t know, Amy. I mean he’s just too beautiful. You know? Maybe he’s gay or something.” I said giggling.

She found that hilarious and busted out laughing. That’s one of the things I love about Amy, it’s so easy to make her laugh.

                  She glanced down at her phone and decided it was about time that she left, she knew her mom would have a fit. We said our goodbyes and I walked her downstairs. Mom was already sleeping, and I was actually really tired too and decided to go to bed.