Chapter Three

I finished my dinner and put the dishes in the dishwasher. I walked to my room and shut the door. I had to check out this one direction group. I logged on to my computer, go on YouTube and looked up one direction. That is what Amy said they were called right? Yeah, I think so. I clicked on the result that said One Direction- What Makes You Beautiful. I listened to it, it was okay. Typical boy band lyrics. Typical Amy music. Amy liked music liked pop music. Me? I’m more of a rap girl.

-------------

                  I woke up a little earlier than usual to get ready for school. For one, I did not want to have to deal with Mr. Caraballo again this morning. Two, I wanted to get a little extra primped up for the mystery guy at the coffee shop, that is if he was even there this morning. After carefully picking out my clothes, making sure my hair was just right, and putting on a tad more make up than I usually did. I grabbed my school bag at the door, and grabbed my keys and iPod off the kitchen counter. There was a note from my parents on top of them but I didn’t bother read it. 

                  I walked out the door and headed straight to the coffee shop. I put my headphones in and turned on one direction. Those boys really grew on me last night and watching some of their interviews helped me see that they aren’t a typical boy band they’re actually quite real. They’re not fake like most of the people in the media. I would hang out with them if I had the chance too. I walked into the coffee shop and ordered my usual. Meanwhile I was waiting for my coffee I looked around, my mystery man wasn’t there. I was a bit disappointed to not see him there. I guess I was expecting too much.

                  I sat at the same table I sat at yesterday morning and read my book. A few minutes later someone walked through the door. To my surprise it was the guy from yesterday, I couldn’t have been more excited. I straightened my poster and pretended to be so interested in my book when I was really looking at him. He was waiting in line, he had the cutest little bum, I thought about pretending I left something up there but by the time I had decided I would two or three people were behind him so there was really no point.

                  I watched him order his drink and look for a table. Luckily for me the only table left was the one next to mine. He sat down and put his feet up on the adjacent chair. He looked over at me and smiled. I smiled back and waved. He waved back. This is progress right?, I thought to myself. I caught him looking at me a couple of times; I blushed a fluorescent red every time. I thought nothing of it. Maybe, there was a cute girl at the counter and he was looking at her.

                  At 7 I got up and headed to the trashcan as I did every morning. I walked behind where he was sitting and got a quick glance and what he was drawing. It looked like a young girl drinking coffee, it was fantastic. Far better than my little doodles. He hadn’t filled in any details so I couldn’t figure out who she was but my theory was right. It was someone in here.

----------------------

                  I made a habit of getting up earlier than I used to before the mystery man started coming to the shop. I got there earlier and got to see him come in. I felt like a stalker, I mean I pretty much watched him the whole time I was there I didn’t even read my book.

                  One unusually busy morning he walked in, he patiently waited in line, ordered his drink, paid and looked around for a table. But this morning there was none. I was disappointed; the best part of my day was going to be ruined. No more staring at him while pretending to read. He started walking towards me.

"Oh my god. No calm down Marilyn. Play it cool. Examine the page. Pretend to read. Look fascinated in your book" I thought to myself while I took a bite of my scone. I looked up from my book and saw him looking down on me.

"Do you mind if I sit here, love?” he asked.