Chapter 3

Chapter 3

“Are you sure?” Narcissa asked, shocked by what she had just been told by her sister. She honestly couldn't believe it.

“I don't know that's why I'm talking to you about it,” Bellatrix said. “I need to know if I'm pregnant or not.”

“What are you going to do if you are?” Narcissa asked.

“I don't know,” Bellatrix said as she cried into Narcissa's shoulder. “I don't want my baby being brought up like how we were. I don't want it to be a Death Eater.”

Narcissa gasped when her sister said this. “How can you say that?” Narcissa asked.

“It would be very dangerous for my baby,” Bellatrix cried. “What would you do if Draco was summoned to be a Death Eater?” she asked tears running down her face. It was a lot to take in for her.

“I-I would try my best to protect him from it,” Narcissa admitted.

“You see what I mean now, don't you?” Bellatrix asked.

“Yes I do,” Narcissa said. “But what are you going to do?”

“There is nothing I can do,” Bellatrix cried madly. “Do not wish to betray the Dark Lord.” she whispered. “But I do not wish for my child to be brought up in a time like this. I just can't have it like this.”

“Dumbledore!” Narcissa exclaimed.

“What about Dumbledore?” Bellatrix asked.

“He should be able to help you,” Narcissa explained. “It ma be tricky but you should be able to convince him to help you. And if you can't then we'll think of something else. But first we need to learn if you are pregnant or not.”

“And how are we going to do that?” Bellatrix asked.

“There is a Muggle device that allows you to check,” Narcissa explained. “Its how I found out I was pregnant with Draco.”

“And your sure this will work?” Bellatrix asked.

“Of course I'm sure,” Narcissa said.

“When are we going to do this?” Bellatrix asked.

“In a few days,” Narcissa said. “Just to see how things go.”

~*~

The three days seemed to go on forever for Bellatrix, and that was saying something. She waited to see if anything else happened and it did. She felt the sharp pain she had first felt again and again. She was also starting to feel sick.

Bellatrix jumped up when her sister walked in with a bag in her hand. She hurried over to her and took snatched the bag from her. She pulled out a box and looked at it. “What am I supposed to do with this?” she demanded of her sister.

“Your supposed to go to the bathroom on it,” Narcissa explained. “And then you have to wait a few minutes until it tells you the results.” Bellatrix walked into the bathroom with box and closed the door.

~*~

She came out ten minutes later with a confused look on her face. “What is it?” Narcissa asked as she hurried over to her sister.

“I don't know what this means,” Bellatrix said as she showed her sister the pregnancy test. Narcissa gasped when she looked at it. She looked at her sister as if she were some kind of lunatic who asked her out on a date.

“What does it mean?” Bellatrix asked nervously and impatiently.

“It means your pregnant Bella,” Narcissa said as she took her sister into a hold and then started jumping up and down. She stopped after a few minutes of doing and noticed that she wasn't happy. “Aren't you excited?” she asked.

“I have to protect this baby,” was all Bellatrix could say, and it was barely audible.

Narcissa had forgotten about that detail. Bellatrix didn't want her kid growing up to become a Death Eater and she couldn't blame her either. It was then that Narcissa decided on what they needed to do.

“As soon as we can we're going to speak with Dumbledore,” Narcissa said. “He has to protect you and your baby. It would go against everything that he believed in if he didn’t do so. He's going to protect you.”

“I know,” Bellatrix said. “But how are we supposed to meet up with him? I'm a Death Eater for damn sake. If anything he would kill me on the spot.”

“No I have a plan,” Narcissa said. “We'll send him a letter anonymously, telling him we need to talk. And we'll tell him to meet us in somewhere.”

“There's just one thing,” Bellatrix said.

“What's that?” Narcissa asked.

“Dumbledore is in hiding,” Bellatrix said. “The Ministry wants him more than he wants us Death Eater's.”

“That may be true but if we tell him that we need his help, he'll come I'm sure of it,” Narcissa said.

“I hope your right,” Bellatrix said.

“I just don't know where we're going to meet,” Narcissa said.

“You remember when we were little kids?” Bellatrix asked.

“Yes, why?”

“Well remember that abandon building that was a few blocks own from the park?” Bellatrix asked.

“Yes, but what does that have to do with anything?” Narcissa asked in an irritated sort of voice.

“We can meet him there,” Bellatrix said.

“I don;t think,” Narcissa said. “Remember that was where we also hung out when we weren't in Hogwarts.”

“Oh yea that's right,” Bellatrix said

“But I know the perfect place!” Narcissa exclaimed.

“Where?” Bellatrix asked.

“In the house we used stay in when Mum and Dad went away,” Narcissa said. “Remember how much fun you, me and Andromeda used to have there?”

“Oh yes I remember that house,” Bellatrix said.

“Then that's where we'll meet him tomorrow,” Narcissa said as she hurried away to write the letter to Dumbledore. For the first time in her life, since she became a Death Eater, Bellatrix felt like there was still hope in the world. And she was really glad to have a sister like Narcissa, one that she could count on.