Chapter 19

Chapter 19

December 17, 1996

Christmas was soon approaching and Bellatrix was anything but thrilled. That meant she had to go out and do shopping, something she didn’t want to do. She was growing bigger and bigger and more and more exhausted.

“Are you sure you want to keep putting this off?” Narcissa asked just after she tried persuading her sister to accompany her while Christmas chopping.

“Of course!” Bellatrix said. “But why your out can I have you pick up a few things for me?”

“What?” Narcissa asked.

Bellatrix started listing off things left and right that she was meaning to get for everyone.

“I thought you meant a couple of things,” Narcissa rolled her eyes. “This sounds like a Christmas shopping list.”

Bellatrix tried her hardest not to laugh. That was exactly what she were having her sister pick up for her.

“This is your Christmas shopping!”

“I’m running out of time,” Bellatrix said apologetically. “And the baby is due in a matter of weeks. I shouldn’t be doing many thing.” she couldn’t help but smile at those last words. They are what she used to get out of doing a lot this past month or so.

“Yea yea,” Narcissa said with a roll of the eyes. “Just one question.”

“Hmm?”

“Which one of these is for me?” both girls laughed as Narcissa Disapparated, leaving Bellatrix alone, or so she though.

“How is my wife doing?” Rodolphus asked as he appeared out of nowhere.

“What do you want?” Bellatrix narrowed her eyes. Her husband wanted something, she could tell.

“Well now that you asked,” Rodolphus laughed. “A bunch of the guys are going out on a stakeout tonight and I was wondering if you would be fine if I tagged along for a bit?”

“Of course go,” Bellatrix said a little to quickly. “I mean I’ll be fine on my own for a few hours.”

“I knew you would be,” Rodolphus leaned down and kissed Bellatrix’ big round tummy and then her.

“I’ll be back around ten,” and with that he was gone.

Bellatrix was surprised by how much her husband had changed since she had become pregnant. Soon she and Rodolphus would be moving out into their new home. Bellatrix wanted to be situated before the baby came.

It had been hard to tell the Dark Lord that she and her husband had decided that they didn’t want to stay in his home anyone, and that she wanted to start her family in a home of their own. Voldemort had seemed fine with it but Bellatrix had known it was a slap in the face to him.

The trick part was telling Rodolphus the other part of the story. The part where they will constantly be guarded by members of the Order of the Phoenix. She wasn’t sure how he would take the news.

“What have I gotten myself into?” Bellatrix asked herself.

~*~

Narcissa’s POV

Narcissa sat in Dumbledore’s office, waiting patiently for him to return. She had come straight here after leaving the Manor. Dumbledore said he would be back shortly, twenty minutes ago.

“Why do seem so tense and nervous?” Dumbledore’s voice came from behind Narcissa.

“I’m worried about him,” Narcissa chocked out. “He wont talk to any of us and-and I-I,” she was sobbing now.