Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Bellatrix and Narcissa Apparated in Dumbledore's office. Luckily for them he was standing at his desk observing a ring. He went to put the ring on when Bellatrix pulled out her wand blew the ring out of his hand.

“What was that for?” he asked as he looked at Bellatrix. “And what is wrong with you?” he asked observing Narcissa.

“That ring is a Horcrux,” Bellatrix warned. “And as for my sister. Draco has just been chosen to do a very special task for the Dark Lord.”

“What is it?” Dumbledore asked as he cautiously picked up the ring and set it down on the desk.

“He has to kill you,” Narcissa cried out.

“Voldemort had ordered Draco to kill me?” Dumbledore asked surprised. Bellatrix could tell between him and Voldemort had weakened him a lot.

“Yes,” Bellatrix said answered.

“He can't kill me,” Dumbledore said. “He doesn't have it in him to kill me. And I don't plan on dying anything time soon.”

“Then what are we to do?” Narcissa cried.

“We can fake it can't we?” Bellatrix asked.

“That is an option,” Dumbledore said. “A really wise option. I would dearly like to live a quiet life. But I am not sure that I can do that. Harry needs to defeat Voldemort and if I can't guide him on it, he wont be able to do that. “

“What if you were to coach him through it this year,” Narcissa said. “And then fake it at the end of the year. If he fails to do it by the end of the year, the Dark Lord will kill him and then have Serverus do it for him.”

Dumbledore didn't seemed shocked by the new at all. “I know Serverus has already told me of it,” he said.

“How do you know of that?” Bellatrix hissed.

“Serverus, as you probably know was seen as a double agent to you, but really he is working for me,” Dumbledore explained. “Ever since Voldemort started to hunt down Lily, the love of his life. He wanted to put an end to him before he harmed her. But that wasn't possible so he instead turned against him. And since then he has sworn to protect Harry.”

“So then can't Serverus guide him through it?” Bellatrix asked.

“I'm sure Serverus could,” Dumbledore said. “But I am not quite sure if he is ready to do that or not.”

“My son Draco will die if you do not do this!” Narcissa screamed. “You can't let him die. You have to do this for me, for him.”

The look on Dumbledore's face looked like he was considering it. Finally after a few minutes he spoke. “If the Dark Lord is not destroyed by the end of this school year and I have not come up with another solution that does not end up with me dying then yes I will fake my death for your son.”

Narcissa ran to Dumbledore and wrapped her arms around him. “Thank you Albus!” she cried tear pouring out of her eyes. “I owe you my life. I cannot honestly thank you enough for what you have a greed to do.”

“It that the Sword of Gryffindor?” Bellatrix asked as she walked over to the desk and picked it up. “It is!” her eyes widened in shock. “How did you get this?” she asked as she set it down beside the ring.

“Harry got it in hi second year here,” Dumbledore said proudly.

“It has enough power to..” she drifted off and then picked it up again, a madly smile coming over her face.

“What are you doing with that Miss Lestrange?” Dumbledore asked.

“I'm helping you out,” she said as she plunged the sword at the ring. The ring split in half and a dark shadow floated up out of it and disappeared.

“Did you just-?” Dumbledore started to ask.

“Yes I did,” Bellatrix said. “It was a Horcrux and I just destroyed it.”

“So you were one of the few that knew about them?” Dumbledore asked.

“Yes that's what I was doing after the Dark Lord's downfall,” Bellatrix said. “We were looking to restore him but we were unsuccessful. We were captured before we were able to find any and then were captured by Auror's.”

“It was a good thing to,” Narcissa said. “Who knows what would have happened if he would have been restored back then.”

“I agree with Mrs. Malfoy we wouldn't know what to expect if he had been restored before,” Dumbledore agreed. “But I promise you that nothing will happen to your son.” he said to Narcissa. “You can count on it.”

“Thank you so much,” Narcissa whispered.

“We should be going now,” Bellatrix said as she noticed the time. “We don't want to appear to be gone for so long.”

“Yes they might start to become suspicious of us,” Narcissa said.

“We never got to our meeting Dumbledore,” Bellatrix said as her and Narcissa prepared to leave.

“I got enough from to know what he is planning,” Dumbledore said.

“We must be going now,” Narcissa said as she grabbed her sister's arm. “I wish you the best of luck.” she said before Disapparating. They Apparated inside the living room of Malfoy Manor to see it was empty.

“Rodolphus?” Bellatrix called.

“Lucius? Draco?” Narcissa called.

“Coming,” Rodolphus said from somewhere upstairs.

“As am I,” Lucius said from somewhere on the bottom floor.

They both ended up walking into the living room at the same time and both wore the same look, confusion.

“Is something wrong?” Rodolphus asked immediately.

“No, “ Bellatrix answered as she sat down on the couch.

“Where's Draco?” Narcissa asked in a worried sort of tone.

“I'm upstairs,” he called from the staircase.

“SO where did the both of you go?” Lucius asked.

“Its like I said before we left,” Bellatrix snapped. “None of your business.”

“If you must know,” Narcissa began and her sister looked at her. “We were out looking at things for the baby.” she lied.

“Didn't you find anything you liked?” Rodolphus asked as he noticed they didn't have any bags or anything with them.

“Not really,” Bellatrix and Narcissa both lied. “But we'll be doing a lot more shopping and looking around.” Bellatrix added.

____________________________________________________________________________________

A/N As I promised a few people here is next chapter much quicker than I normally update. Hope you enjoy and please comment and tell me what you thought of it. Thanks. P.S. I would like to dedicate this chapter to NicholeFahey for being a really dedicated fan to my story, thank you so much.