Chapter 21

Chapter 21

December 24th, 1996
    Christmas Eve was here and everything was anything but calm at the Malfoy Manor. Narcissa was having to prepare loads and loads of food, Voldemort had called a meeting earlier that day and her house was flooded with Death Eaters who would be eating with them.
    Bellatrix watched as her sister slaved over the stove to prepare the food. She was putting all her blood, sweat and tears into this meal. Narcissa did not want to disappoint Voldemort in any way.
    “Why don’t you take a break,” Bellatrix suggested.
    “I can’t!” she exclaimed. “I have to much food to make for-”
    “The Death Eaters you don’t want here?” Bellatrix finished her sentence.
    “Be quiet,” Narcissa warned as she looked over her sisters shoulder, at the kitchen door leading to where many Death Eaters were lounging around. “Someone might here us and that wont be good!”
    “You’re just being paranoid,” Bellatrix whispered.
    “Well I’m sorry!” Narcissa snapped. “I have a lot going on at the moment.”
    “We all do,” Bellatrix pointed out getting defensive. “I’m getting ready to do something that can very well kill along with my family.”
    “Don’t forget you have to tell your husband,” Narcissa whispered you promised after Christmas.”
    “I-I know,” Bellatrix said. “I’m just afraid of how he will take it.”
    “How who will take what?” Rodolphus asked coming into the kitchen.
    Bellatrix turned and looked at him. “There’s something I have to tell you,” she said quietly. Bellatrix opened her mouth but before she could say anything else Narcissa picked up her wand and pointed it at the door, while murmuring something.
    “What do you need to tell me?” Rodolphus asked, curiosity getting the better of him.
    “I’ve been watching you cook all day,” Bellatrix started to say to Narcissa to avoid the conversation with her husband. “And now is when you finally use your wand? You’re bonkers!”
    “I used so nobody could hear anything from in here,” Narcissa said. “Now tell him.”
    “Tell him what?” Rodolphus asked.
    “That I-” before she could utter another word she felt vomit as if she was about to vomit. She put her hand over her mouth and was about to run to the nearest restroom when a little garbage bin appeared in front of her.
    Bellatrix quickly grabbed it and vomited into it. After she finished vomiting the garbage bin disappeared. Bellatrix looked up and both her husband and sister were oddly staring at her.
    “What?” she snapped.
    “Are you alright?” Rodolphus asked.
    “I’m fine,” Bellatrix snarled at him.
    “Then tell me what it is you have to tell me,” he pushed.
    “I-I have to get away from this life,” she whispered.
    “What!” Rodolphus exclaimed. “You aren’t saying what I think you’re saying are you?”
    “I am,” Bellatrix put her arm around her stomach and looked down.
    “He’ll kill you!” Rodolphus said. “Me, you and our baby. If he found out what-”
    “I know,” Bellatrix cut him off.
    “Then why would you think-nobody can assure us protection from the Dark Lord,” his eyes went wide. “The only person who the Dark Lord fears is Dumbledore and I very seriously doubt he would do this for us.”
    “He is,” Bellatrix said.
    “What?!?” Rodolphus exclaimed. “How can you be certain? Dumbledore wishes to bring us all down. In fact it is Draco‘s task to find a way to get rid of him before the end of the school year.” he pointed out.
    Bellatrix opened her mouth to respond but Narcissa jumped in.
    “We’ve both been meeting with him,” she said. “He has guaranteed the protection of you three. He still guarantees it if he falls.”
    “This is all crazy,” Rodolphus said. “But I will be with you every step of the way.” he put a hand on his wife’s shoulder.
    “I’m glad to hear that,” Bellatrix said.
    “There is one problem though,” Rodolphus pointed out.
    “What’s that?” Narcissa asked.
    “How is the Dark Lord going to take this news?” he asked. “He offered us his home and everything.