Chapter 10: Intolerant

Peter:

I woke up unaware of what was going to happen. Maybe I'll go to school and pretend nothing happened. Or maybe I just ruined my life. The thought scared me.

"Tony?" I mumbled over to the couch Tony was sitting in.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"What are we gonna do?" I realized that tears were already leaking out of my eyes and sobs formed quickly.

I rubbed my eyes but the tears kept coming.

"Come here, Peter." He held his arms out and I walked over to him and hugged him.

He sat me down on the couch and rubbed my back as I cried.

"We have a plan. Trust me." He said.

"But I'm scared, Tony. I want to be normal but people will see me as a freak. Liz will never like me! I ruined everything." I cried harder.

"No! You just introduced a new technology of mine." Tony said.

"What?" I looked up with tears covering my face.

"Yeah! I introduce to you, the Spider-Man gloves. Let's you climb on any wall or surface." He demonstrated by climbing a wall like I would.

"Then! The famous web shooters!" He used my web shooters to form webs.

"You can be Spider-Man! But you don't have a billion dollars, so you really can't. My team and I recreated the spider abilities with one of his biggest and smartest fans, Peter Parker, and asked Spider-Man to take a look! And he loved it! Said it was genius! So genius, we played a prank at Peter's high school. To the point, even his classmates thought he was the real Spider-Man! The point of the matter is, is that we are trying to understand each and every superhero or villain in this city, to make it safer for the people we love. Thank you and goodnight!" He took a bow and I rolled my eyes.

"People are gonna buy that?" I asked, sniffling.

"Yeah kid! They're not as bright as I wish, but they'll believe it. Trust me." He gave me another hug and I nodded.

"This means a lot Tony. How did you even come up with that overnight?" I asked.

"Oh I didn't, I have backup stuff like that for everyone." He laughed.

I began laughing so hard more tears streamed down my face. But these were happy tears. I finally felt a sense of happiness.

---------
Tony:

I announced what happened after the 'Peter Parker is Spider-Man' headlined the news. It was everywhere. I looked at Peter as we walked off the stage. He still looked upset. Even though the people bought it and no one questioned us.

"You doing okay?" I asked him, as I patted him on the shoulder.

He looked up startled at my gesture.

"Yeah. I'm fine." He said.

"Well, what do you wanna do now? Shawarma?!" I asked, praying he'd say yes.

"No. No I'm okay, thanks." He shook his head and held his stomach.

"You hungry at all?" I asked, probably
sounding like an over worried dad.

"No. I'm fine." He said, gripping his stomach harder.

"You feel sick?" I asked.

"No. Just nervous." He surprised me. Usually people get nervous before they do something big. Not after.

"Why? I thought you'd be more excited! No one knows, Pete." I comforted.

"I wanna go home." He said.