Chapter 5: I Thought I Lost You

Peter:

I laid on the couch and watched TV for hours today. My body was sore from not moving. I wasn't allowed to be alone in my room for the time being. They thought I was gonna kill myself. Again. I don't blame them.

Tony decided to come into the living room for dinner. All the Avengers followed. Steve asked me to lift my legs so he could sit down. I did. He grabbed my legs and let me put them in his lap.

I wasn't comfortable so I flipped around. Now my head was on his lap instead.

I was so tired, odd huh? Not doing anything can wipe you out.

I felt my eyes droop, as Steve's hand ran through my hair.

-----
Tony:

I looked over to see Peter fast asleep on Steve's lap. He's been sleeping a lot lately. I don't blame him. He's been more depressed ever since he tried to...

Anyway, my phone began ringing, and I wondered who would call me at a time like this?

"Hello?" I answered/yawned.

"Tony! It's May!" She said.

I stood there in shock.

"What the hell May! They said you were dead!" I whisper yelled so I didn't wake Peter.

"I missed my flight because the traffic was terrible! My friends took a different plane there, and there's no service! I decided it would be better if I stayed home. I stayed for a while there cause of the weather. I'm finally on my way back though. I tried to call but I couldn't! How's Peter?" She asked.

"May, h-he tried to kill himself." I said.

There was silence for a moment.

"Oh my God! Is he okay?" She asked, crying a little.

"Come to my tower May, and hurry up. I love you!" I said.

"I will, and I love you too Tony. I'll see you in 15 minutes." She then hung up.

"Tony? What is it?" Nat asked.

"It's May, she's alive! The plane went down but she missed that flight and I guess everything else was booked. She couldn't drive back yet because of the weather, and no cell reception! What should I tell Peter?" I asked.

"Wait until she gets here. Then wake him up." Steve said, brushing Peter's hair with his fingers.

"Okay, then we wait." I said.

-------
Peter:

"Peter, Pete, wake up." Tony rubbed my back to wake me up.

"Guess whose here?" He continued.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw her. I must be dreaming. She looked so real. That's impossible, right?

"May?" I asked, reaching out and touching her face to see if she was real.

"I'm sorry Peter! I wasn't on that flight I missed it! But I'm so sorry that you went through all that!" She hugged me and I just stood in shock.

"Pete? You okay?" Tony asked.

"Am I dreaming?" I asked.

"No sweetheart! I'm real! I'm here." She said.

I fell onto the couch and felt everything again. It was a lot to take in. I cried softly.

She bent down and kissed me on the forehead. Then sat down next to me and hugged me as I cried.

"I love you May." I cried.

" I love you too, Pete." She sat next to me and held me in her arms.

It was so surreal. I thought I'd never touch her again. I thought I'd never get to hug her or talk to her even. I felt guilty for trying to take my own life. I didn't know she was still alive. I felt terrible for being such a bad nephew.

"I'm sorry I tried to kill myself, May. I'm so sorry." I whispered into her neck.

"We can help you Peter. We can all make sure you understand what you did was the wrong reaction. I can go with you if you want." She offered.

I knew she was talking about therapy. There's nothing else it could have been.

"Ok. I just don't want to be alone. I want you to be there." I said.

"I will." She hugged me tightly.

------------
Tony:

May hugged Peter as his head fell onto her shoulder.

She looked up at me, she had tears running down her face. Heck, I almost was crying too.

It just hurt to see a 15 year old boy go through this. Believing something that could have been true wasn't his fault. It was mine.

I wish he could see that he could have moved on from her death. Maybe not get over it, but learn to push forward.

I hope this therapist will help.

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖
SOOOOO, WHOSE GONNA GO SEE LOST CITY OF Z? I THINK I AM!