(7) / ʄąɬɧɛŗ'ʂ ɬɧųɱც

I'm thinking of a little bit of LadyNoir and some Adriennette. This chapter is really crappy. I'm sorry but I don't know how to write romance or touchy feely things, thats just not me - edited.

MARINETTE:

"Who do you think he could've written it for?" I asked Tikki as I lay awake in bed.

"I dunno. Maybe you?" It wasn't sarcastic, just a suggestion. Tikki was a lot of things, but she wasn't sarcastic.

I sighed. "I mean, he did give it to me. But he seemed embarrassed when I found it. Like he didn't want me to know that he also has feelings. Like, I know he has a bit of a crush on me, but it's nothing serious. This, on the other hand, is absolutely love-struck."

I could practically hear Tikki's confusion. "Well, whoever it is, he clearly doesn't think he has a chance ..."

"I wonder why," I said. "What's he like in his civilian life?"

I looked over to Tikki and saw her shrug. "Its best thats kept a secret."

🕥➖ time line to later that night, when she goes to do her nightly patrol ➖🕥

Chat didn't show up for his nightly patrol, which both annoyed me and worried me.

He might've just forgotten, or his civilian life caught up to him—it didn't matter. The point is he was missing, and i was going to confront him about it tomorrow night or maybe earlier if an akuma attacks.

Now because this particular author is really pathetic, she's just gonna fast-forward to tomorrow night, unto my daily night patrol with Chat.

I transformed into Ladybug and swung to the place Chat and I always meet up to start the patrol. He was there, sitting on the roof and looking deep in thought.

"Chaton?" I said, frowning at his unusual face of sadness.

He jumped up at the sound of my voice and bowed to me. "M'Lady," he said, giving me a smirk.

"Is everything okay? Why weren't you here last night?" I asked, worry creeping in my voice.

"Everything is fine, Bug-a-boo. Just some family problems," he replied, coming annoyingly close to me with a permanent smirk. I tried to ignore my rapidly beating heart as I pushed him away by his noise.

"Okay then. Just don't let it repeat. It gets quite lonely patrolling the streets alone without a Chat to keep me company ... and don't call me Bug-a-boo."

"I already know I'm purrfectly paw-some, M'Lady," he responded with a flirtatious wink.

I face palmed. "Yeah, well it's time you get over yourself. We have to do our patrol."

"I have something you can patrol," Chat said seductively, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

"Stop talking. Please, for the sake of sanity. Stop talking. You're an embarrassment to nature," I said, my face turning red at his kinky comment.

He just laughed, turned around and swung on his baton to the other roof. "You coming, LB?"

ADRIEN:

After finishing the patrol, I literally zipped over to my house.

Quickly de-transforming as I jumped through my window, I gave Plagg some Camembert before he can even ask for it and tried not to wince as I sat down and felt the cool wall burn my scarred back.

The next day was a weekend, which almost made cry in frustration.

While most people may like them, I certainly do not. It just meant more time to stay in the house, more time to have to be on high alert all the time, unable to feel even a little bit of security.

Since Father has work on Saturday, and no work day after that, he comes home late at night after a party of gambling and drinking, drunk off his feet. Which meant I had until one day to enjoy my new-found temporary freedom.

I decided to just leave the house and have some fun, which is unusual for me, seeing as I can never leave the house and never have fun.

I called Nino, asking him if he had any plans for today. He told me no, however he was going to ask Alya if she could go to the movies with him.

"Is it gonna be like the last time with Marinette?" I asked in exasperation.

"No, dude. I've got maximum confidence," he replied confidently. "However ... you wouldn't mind to accompany? I mean, I want it to be an anonymous date. I don't want her to think I'm trying too hard or —"

"Yeah, it's another Marinette."

After the phone call, we decided that we'd ask Alya and Marinette. I owed Marinette big time, though. So that's part of the reason why I agreed.

She may not know it, but she saved my life.

"C'mon, Plagg. We're going to the movies." I gestured for him to enter my hoodie pocket (I had a lot of the same hoodie.) [a/n: its a cartoon, they wear the same thing everyday, all day. I'm pretty sure they millions of the same outfit.]

And so that's how, two hours later, we ended up at the entrance to the cinema.

"Marinette," I said when we walked in. "Come sit here." I patted the space next to them, then gave a sly grin towards Nino and Alya. Seeming to understand that they should sit next to each other, she took the seat beside me, which were the chairs right behind the two soon-to-be couple (hopefully), her face red as a tomato.

As the ads played, I turned to face Marinette, who seemed to have been turned into a statue.

"Hey, Marinette. I just wanted to say that the poem you wrote was really inspirational and great," I said, trying to show her how much it mean to me without revealing why it meant so much.

"Oh, uhm, thanks ... I just—Unwanted for the children! I mean for the unwanted children, yeah. That. To just give them h-hope!" She stumbled over her words like a kid learning how to walk. I frowned in confusion.

I knew this wasn't her character. She had a really strong character if you took away her shy attitude. Such shows when she bravely stands up to Chloe and all. And when she helped me as Chat to fight Evillustrator.

I gave her a hesitant smile, trying not to flinch with pain as I sat slowly put my back against the chair.

The movie ended with Alya and Nino cuddling up together and me wishing Ladybug could be here so I could tell her how I feel. Maybe there's some part of her that likes me back. Maybe.

"Hey, Adrien, are you okay?" I heard someone ask.

I snapped out of my thoughts of Ladybug and felt my whip mark burn in mock. Am I okay?

No. I need someone and I'm so tired of living. Please help me. Please someone just look at me and tell me if I'm okay. Someone please hear my cries. Just open your ears and listen. "I'm fine."

I realized it was Marinette who asked me. She touched my shoulder and I tried not to flinch, unused to gentleness. "You can talk to me, you know that?" She said.

I may be able to talk to you, but will you listen? "Yeah. But nothing's wrong, Marinette. I'm just thinking. Family problems."

I saw a flicker of recognition cross her eyes but soon disappear. "Okay then."

I stared ahead, not bothering to reply, thinking about Sunday and how torturous it might be.

Living under Father's thumb caused me to even watch my breathing while in the same house as him. It made me fear my life sometimes, and sometimes it drove me to the edge of insanity.

12OO+ words =) - edited.