(4) / Ɩąɖყ ʂɬąɬųɛ

I hate coming up with akuma ideas - edited.

ADRIEN:

Today, my father was fast asleep on the couch when I arrived home.

I breathed out a sigh of relief, deciding to collapse on my bed and take advantage of this once in a blue moon pain-free evening.

"Hey, your low on Camembert. The love of my life is finishing and you're just laying on your bed?" Plagg confronted me, crossing his arms and giving me an annoyed look.

I muttered curses under my breath as I walked downstairs and outside to a little market on the road.

On my way there, however, I heard screams pierce the air. Great. Note the sarcasm. Usually, I'd take this moment to escape my civilian life, but now I was at peace. Couldn't it stay that way?

I hid behind a thick (everything is so wrong >:D) pole and transformed, "Plagg, claw out!"

The last I heard from him was a sigh of complete annoyance.

As I used my baton to swing towards the commotion, Ladybug landed beside me.

"Hello, Chaton. How's life?" She says, a playful tone in her voice.

Broken. "Would be better if I could live it with you," I said, giving her a wink.

She rolled her eyes. "I regret aski—There!" She said, pointing to a girl who was shorting lasers out of some sort of thing on her wrists. These lasers made whoever it hit into a statue.

"I wonder who made this girl stone-cold," I smirked. Ladybug sighed in exasperation. "That was so bad, Chat."

"You know you love it."

She turned at the sound of our voices. "Ladybug, Chat Noir. I am Lady Statue (a/n: what tf are these names I'm giving them). Hand me your miraculous and I'll let you leave peacefully."

"You know that's not how we work," Ladybug told 'Lady Statue'. Then she smiled at me and for once I smiled back sincerely. She was just so beautiful and confident.

"Remember, you chose this!" Lady Statue said gleefully as she shot two laser towards us.

We moved out of the way, each jumping to one side.

"Chat, do you think you can use your cataclysm to destroy her bracelet? I think the akuma's in there," Ladybug said as we moved again to avoid more lasers.

"Of course. Anything for you, LB. Cataclysm!" My hand became consumed with black as I ran towards the akumatized victim.

She tried zapping me with lasers as I ran towards her, but I dodged all of her attempts to turn me to stone.

Making sure that I hit only her bracelets, The akumatized object fell to the floor in ashes, a butterfly being released.

"Time to de-evilise!" I heard Ladybug say. Then she caught the akuma, purified it and let it go. Everyone was still stone, though.

"You didn't use your lucky charm, M'Lady," I pointed out stupidly.

She sent me an annoyed look. "You don't say."

I blinked in confusion. "So what now?"

My ring beeped. "Now, you leave."

"Maybe you could just ... call on your lucky charm?" I asked. She shrugged.

"But what would I get?"

"That doesn't matter. Well, actually, maybe it'll bring some con—"

"Don't you dare say anymore. Lucky Charm!" When it dropped in her hands, she held a paw keychain.

I forced myself to laugh. "See? You and I were meant to be."

"You are so pathetic, Kitty," she said, a slight giggle in her voice. And even though I know she only means it as a joke, it still hurts.

It takes all I can muster to force a smile. My throat is burning like it does when I'm about to cry. Another beep.

"I have to go. My Father will get mad," I say in quiet voice after she 'cured' Paris.

"So you live with your parents? Actually, we're not supposed to know."

Another beep from me and her. "You should get going," She says. "See ya next time, Chaton. The author is saving something big."

"Huh?"

"Oops, you're not supposed to know that we're in a fanfiction."

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. Go on, you desperate Kitty. Bye!"

I nodded, feeling like I was swallowing a steel ball. Why did I have to be so emotional and sensitive?

Not bothering to reply to her goodbye, I swung away on my baton, hearing Alya desperately trying to get an interview with Ladybug.