Chapter 9

Chapter 9

We made it to art within reasonable time and I introduced him to Mrs.Eden. I left them to go get ready for art. Right now, I was getting out my paints and easel for today's workshop. Were supposed to draw a mural of something we wish we had. After 20 minutes of thinking and planning, I had the perfect thing to paint.

I slowly stroked the canvas with a
tan-ish color when hands grabbed me from behind causing me to jump and almost mess up. I turned around to see a cackling Cole.

"That. Was. Hilarious!" he doubled over laughing.

I glared at him before putting my paint down.

"That wasn't funny, I could've messed up." I said quietly after getting shushed by several students.

After he calmed down a bit, he came so close to me that there was barley a space between us.

"What are you making anyway." he questioned, zooming in on my painting.

"Just-stuff." I said, evading having to say what it actually was.

It actually was a close up of someone's legs with a thigh gap. I wanted that so badly.

"Okay." he said after a while of thinking.

"What are you making?" I questioned.

He covered his board up so I couldn't see even if I wanted to.

"Its a surprise." he winked

I just groaned and continued painting, if theres anything I've learned about Cole today its that when he says something he means it and no matter how hard I try, I wont know unless he tells me. The class period flew by so fast that by the time I finished the shading on one leg, we had five minutes left of class.

"Okay class, lets clean up. We can pick this up tomorrow." Mrs. Eden said before scurrying out of the class. She did that everyday before the bell rang so she could get her coffee from the teachers lounge first and not have to wait.

I walked to the sink with my cup of water when a wave of dizziness passed over me. I gripped the table tightly as the room span. I had no idea what was wrong with me. Shakily, I tried to reach for the sink but my legs buckled causing me to go down. I blacked out before even hitting the floor.

• • • • •

I woke up to see a crowd of faces around me. I couldn't see their faces but I could see the outlines. Everything was still sort of fuzzy.

"What happened?" I groaned, sitting up.

"You passed out on the way to the sink. Are you okay?"

I turned in the direction of Cole's voice.

Smiling slightly, I nodded.

"Are you sure your fine?" The nurse asked as she packed up her kit.

I nodded once again. Cole pulled me to my feet and I was bombarded by questions from Mrs. E.

I didn't even know how to answer most of them.

"That the heavens your okay!" Mrs. Eden exclaimed. "If it wasn't for this young man, I would've never know."

"Thanks for your concern Mrs. E." I said politely.

She nodded briskly before heading out and talking with the nurse.

That left me and Cole.

"So...." I said slowly.

"Lets get you to lunch already. You must be starving."

"Y-yeah." I stuttered as my stomach clenched into a tight ball.

No.