Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I dropped my book bag in the hallway as I made my way to the kitchen where I was sure my mother was at.

"Hey hun." She waved as she saw me approach her. "How was school."Her words dragged a little.

She was drinking again. She promised she would stop but she hasn't.

"Great!" I said and smiled. "I got my report card."

"Lemme see!" She squealed.

I giggled at her childishness and pulled out my report card. I handed it to her and watched her face. It turned from delight to something ...... else?

"What's wrong with you?" She scowled and set down the bottle of liquor.

"Huh?!" Just like that, my smile was wiped off my face.

"You have a freakin B! Your sister never got B's."

I stared at her shocked. Each word was a stab to the heart.

"Why can't you be beautiful and smart like your sister."

I stood there frozen. How could she say that about me. I am smart. And beautiful?

"You know what," she bawled up the report card and threw it on the floor.
"I don't want to see you face."And with that, she got up, leaving her alcohol, and left.

I heard her door slam as I stood there frozen. A few tears slipped down my cheeks before I raced to my room and slammed my door.

I tried my hardest mommy. I did my best. You always said I was smart and beautiful, was it all a lie!?

I cried even harder as I buried my face in a pillow to quiet the sobs.

"I can see why your parents don't like you." Someone said.

I sniffled as I lifted my head off my pillow and looked around. Then I saw her. She was stick thin with long black hair and a porcelain completion.

And she was in my mirror.

I squinted through tears as I continued to study her. Her collar bones juttes out in an unatural way but it was beautiful and I was envious. I wanted to be like that.

"What!" I snapped.

"I can see why they don't like you."She replied, filing her perfect nails."your fat and disgusting."

Fat and disgusting. Fat and disgusting. Fat and disgusting. It replayed in my head over and over and brought more tears to my eyes.

"Oh, honey! Don't cry."She stepped out of the mirror and wrapped a bony arm around me. "I can't do anything about you being stupid but I can make you beautiful, if you want."

So basically she just called me stupid but that didn't matter at the moment.

"Y-you can?" I questioned.

I've never been beautiful before and I never though it was possible to achieve. Never say never, I guess.

"Of course. But you have to do everything I say." She grinned.

It was an evil type of smile but I didn't think of that at the time. I was thinking about how she could make me beautiful.

"So, do you agree?" She asked, cocking her head to the side as she held out a hand.

"Yes. Deal." I replied as I shook hands with the devil.

If only I knew what I was getting myself into.