Chapter 11

I was standing alone in the ballroom, isolated by the people around me, they all seemed to be focused on themselves and everyone around them but me. People pushed past me, knocking me to the side as if I wasn’t there. I spotted Anna dancing on the dance floor with Kristoff, her hair was done in a beautiful manner and her clothes looked exceptionally bright. Someone grasped my arm and I turned to Hans. I pulled away.

“Elsa.” He pulled his hand to his chest, grasping the spot where his heart was. “I-I don’t know what to do anymore, I just.” He looked away and took a deep breath. “Every minute I spend away from you, it tares me up inside.” He grabbed me by the other hand and pulled in and kissed me. I moved my hands onto his side burns and kissed him back.

“Hans.” I said pushing back from him. “Every minute I stay away from you hurts me inside.”

“I know just how you feel.” He breathed on my ear. “So I was wondering, my love.” He got down on one knee and looked into my eyes. “Will you marry me?” I gasped. I moved down, my hands spoiled in front of me and hugged him.

“I am aware how you believe that you can’t marry someone you just met.” He said, his breath moving through my hair and heating my scalp. “But don’t you see. The relationship we have built within the past few hours are the best that we have ever had.”

“Hans, I understand. I was wrong about what I said, I think we need to stay together forever.”

“You will my love.” Hans promised. A sharp piercing was pushed into my stomach. My hand clenched against Hans that was holding a dagger. I could feel the thick, and warmness of my blood as it spilled from my stomach and laid across our hands.

“I will keep you forever.” Hans promised. His eyes seemed to sprout evil, and he licked his lips. “We we’ll stay together forever. You will be forever by my side. King of Arendelle and his corpse Queen.”

“You lied.” I wheezed, feeling the blood fall out of me. I was going pale, and my vision was blurring.

“To be honest, my love, I was never telling the truth in the first place.”

I cramped onto the ground with an utter intensity as I awoke. It was dark, dank and cloudy lights hung from the ceiling way up high so the light wasn’t doing that great getting down here.

“You’re dreams amuse me.” I heard a dark voice, I immediately recognized it as Pitch’s. I stood up and heard the clatter of chains. I looked down, my feet were chained to the ground.

“They shouldn’t do.” I yelled back to him as I crouched down to inspect the chains.

“Well I do. I can turn something so nice into something so fun.”

“Dreams aren’t something to be played with.”

“Elsa I’m Pitch Black. If I don’t play with dreams, then what am I meant to do.”

“Rot and die.” That wasn’t my voice. Pitch appeared from the dark, his yellow eyes focused on me.

“Do you agree Elsa?” he asked.

“Yes.” I held onto the chains, my ice crept up across them. I had to crack them.

“Trying to escape Elsa?” He asked. I looked up to him.

“No.” He moved so fast and all of a sudden he was crouched next to me.

“Elsa. I want to keep you here.” His hands reach out and touch my cheek. Holding it there in front of him. His fingers aren’t cold. They are warm on my skin, almost hot. “I want to keep you here. To be my play thing.” I shivered when he said ‘play thing.’ He felt it and snickered. “There’s something about you Elsa. It’s so captivating, so motivating, so indulging. I love it. It’s so powerful and so weak. It’s you Elsa. You are the most pathetic, powerful being I have ever met.” My hand reached out and grabbed his neck. I started to squeeze it but he didn’t seem to be fazed by my move.