Chapter 20

Jacks jaw clenched together as he stared at me in silence.
“Jack.” I repeated. He scratched the back of his head and smiled, as he looked at the ground, then to me, then to the ground again.

“Well.” He said, biting the inside of his lip. “That’s a very good question. And I am here, because of Pitch, actually. See I need to stop him. And it’s very important that I do. Because if he’s not stopped he will cause destruction.”

“How?” I asked, feeling the hair on the back of my neck stand.
“Pitch is a lot stronger then he’s made out to be.” Said Jack. “He’s a King of nightmares. But he has a lot of power, and has been around for a really long time. Really, he isn’t meant to be here. So I came here to stop him, and for some reason he is targeting you. That’s why I am here. To stop Pitch.” He finished. I knew now, but I felt disappointed. He was here just to stop Pitch? Nothing else. The other person in the whole world that had the same powers as me was here JUST to stop Pitch.
“Oh, that’s good.” I nodded. His eyebrows clenched.
“Are you alright?” he asked. I nodded.
“Yeah, I’m fine. I’m actually not feeling the best.”
“I would generally suggest a nice sleep. But that doesn’t seem likely with your nightmares.” He smiled a bit, but it was less of a smile then before. Was something bothering him?
“How about we go get something to eat?” I suggested. He raised his eyebrows.
“Food. Wow, I forgot that stuff existed.” We both laughed. I pulled open my door and we both walked out into the corridor. I walked along it. Even though Anna could now see Jack, no one else could. When we got to the kitchens I requested two meals, and sat down at the head of a table. Jack sat in a seat beside me. He picked up a fork and twirled it between his fingers.
“How do you plan to stop Pitch?” I asked. He put the fork down and picked up a spoon.
“I’m not too sure. It’s not exactly stopping him, like I did last time. Because last time I had a friends help.”
“How come you didn’t bring the friend with you?” I asked.
“Because it would look like abduction or something, he’s like ten.”
“So how are you going to stop Pitch if you don’t have your friend?”
“I reckon I could use your help.” He smiled. I slightly smiled back.
“Jack, it’s not that easy for me.” I explained. “I have duties. I am a Queen, you realize. I have a kingdom to run. I have left my guests enough. I have to make arrangements with my advisor. I’m sorry Jack. I know stopping Pitch is important, but so is Arendelle. I can’t do that much to help you.” Jack shut his slightly agape mouth and looked down at the table.
“Okay, I understand.” He said in an upsetting tone.
“I’m so sorry Jack, it’s just-“
“No, Elsa it’s fine.” Jack was back to smiling again. He breathed on the spoon that he was holding and placed it on his nose. It fell off straight away. “It never works.” He shook his head picking up the spoon. “My breath is too cold.” I laughed, but he looked upset, and he was just trying to pretend he was fine. Someone walked out with two meals and placed them down in front of me.
“You must be very hungry Queen Elsa. I thought your sister would be here.”
“Yes well. It feels like years since I last ate.” I explained. I pushed the second plate over to Jack. If you’re a mythical person, that supposedly lives forever, do you eat food?
I took a bite it was nice. While Jack picked up his food with his fingers instead of using cutlery and took a bite. Once he swallowed his eyes lit up.
“Wow food.” He stated. He took another bite. “Wow food.” He repeated. He took another bite. “Holy Wow Food.” He looked at me. “I can’t remember the last time I ate something this good.” I couldn’t help but wonder when was the last time he eaten all together. When I finished my food, I placed my knife and fork neatly on my plate. Jack had finished a few minutes before me and he had started to mumble about how much he now loved food.
“I understand why people love their fridge now.” He said.
“What’s a fridge?” I asked.
“Shoot. Its nothing.”
“Jack, you’re doing it again. I don’t know what half the things you say are.”
“Yeah, slip of the tongue.”
“Where do you learn odd words like that?” I asked. He shrugged.
“I don’t know.” He obviously lied. I bit my lip. I stood up and pushed my chair in.
“So how about that fly?” Jack asked. I shook my head. I was annoyed at him.
“I have business to do.” I walked off, leaving Jack behind me and heading up the stairs to the Advisors office.

After three hours of several meetings with dukes and duchesses and a long talk with my Advisor many ships had been arranged as transportation to take them back to their Kingdom. Several trades had been set up on their return as well, and more rooms had been laid aside for the arrival of the goods masters.
“You seem to be disappearing a lot lately.” My Advisor said as he closed the door as the lasts of the duchesses left. He sat down at a little desk he had stacked with piles and piles of papers, mixed up and ill arranged.
“I’m aware.” I told him. He shook his head.
“Queen Elsa, a disappearing queen is a bad representation on the kingdom. Your kingdom needs to know that you are always there when it goes into strife. It’s a lot of responsibility for someone so young, but its what your parents would have wanted. So for now, please refrain from disappearing so often.” I nodded.
“Yes, you’re right.”
“This brings me to the other matter that a sure way to have your kingdom feel comfortable, especially with such a young queen.”
“What would that be?”
“A husband.” My Advisor stated. “I am aware that if anything happens to you that you plane to pass down the throne line to your sister, but this brings up tension that people might think you aren’t capable enough to handle the kingdom. If you had a King to rule beside you, this would ease their tensions.”
“Right.” Is all I could say.
“Now I know half the kingdom has noticed the magic between you and Prince Ethan.”
“Prince Ethan.” I stated surprised. My Advisor smiled.
“He’s quite a capable young man. I’ve looked into him, and as your advisor I approve of that young man.” I could hear my heart thump hard. Why Prince Ethan.
“You don’t understand.” I said in a slight whisper.
“Don’t understand what?” My Advisor asked. I stood up.
“Prince Ethan is a nice young man, but I’m in love with someone else.” As soon as I said it I gasped and slapped my hand over my mouth. How could I have said that!
“In love!” my Advisor raised both his eyebrows and turned in his seat. “With who?”
“I need to go.” I announced, gulping. “Sorry. I will be back later. Make sure we arrange another party tonight for fare welling our guests.”
“Definitely, Elsa.” My Advisor turned and I left the room. My heartbeat was in my ears and my walk had turned into an almost jog as I scrunched my fingers into fists. When I reached my room, I pulled open the door. And stepped inside and let out a large sigh.
“Hello Elsa, what a surprise.” Said a heavy voice. I turned and noticed Pitch Black standing by my bed with a grin across his face.