Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

     Immediately my body filled with rage. I stood up and walked toward him.....Tara grabbed my arm stopping me.

  "What did you say?"

  "Me and Tara never officially broke up. She went to war and I stayed home. It was just a long distance relationship."

  "I thought I fired you." I said.

  "The Colonel and Tara both have to decide who gets fired. Colonel Johnson made that a rule." I looked at Tara and she nodded.

  "Tara is all this true?" I asked.

  "Yes."

  "So you're still dating him?"

  "Technically." She responded.

  "So why did you kiss me?"

  "I forgot." Tara answered. Jeremy walked closer and I tensed. I grabbed Tara's arm and tried to pull her behind me. She refused, she let Jeremy walk closer. I let go of her when Jeremy leaned in and kissed her. OH MY GOSH. She kissed him back. He wrapped his arms around her waist and slid them up her back. She held him tight and they kept kissing. Tara didn't even care that his face was swollen and gross. I guess she's used to it though because she's a nurse and all.

  "Can you take this somewhere else please. It's kind of my tent." I finally butted in after a couple minutes.

  "Sure." Jeremy said smiling wide, he put his arm around her and started heading out. Tara turned and looked at me. She had a 'I'm sorry' look on her face. I looked at her in disgust.

  Once they where gone I started heading toward breakfast. I was going to sit down after I got my food.....then there they were Tara and Jeremy kissing at a table. If this is going to be a regular thing I'm going to.....

  Loud sirens buzzing in my ear made my thoughts go blank.