Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

     I woke up in the chair next to Josie's hospital bed. I saw her eyes barely cracked open.

  "Hey. How you doing?" I asked as I sat up.

  "Huh?"

  "You feel okay?"

  "Yeah, I guess." She said as she opened her eyes and yawned.

  "Good."

  "Bradley?" She guessed.

  "Yep." I said as her face lit up in three different shades.

  "Where's dad......and Tommy?"

  "Uhhhhh." that was all that I could say. I didn't know what else to say.

  "What?"

  "Daddy and Tommy........they're with the angels in heaven now." I answered.

  "You mean they're....."

  "Yeah."

  "Really?"

  "I'm sorry Josie." I said as tears started running down her face. "It's okay." I said as I hugged her.....

  "She's awake." I heard someone say as I sat up and turned around,  "Hey." It was Tara.

  "Hey. So, do you have reports on Josie?" I asked.

  "Uh...", she paused thinking, "Yeah." she said motioning me with her head. Then she started down the hallway.

  "I'll be right back." I said as I followed Tara down the hallway. She turned around when she reached the end and looked at me.

  "Okay, so she's perfectly fine. She just got the wind knocked out of her. She also got lots of bruises and cuts. I didn't say this in front of her because I didn't want to make her feel like a baby."

  "Hey. The Hans are tough." I said as I elbowed her in the arm softly.

  "Hans?"

  "Yeah that's my last name."

  "Oh."

  We walked back to Josie's bedside and I said, "Hey, your fine."

  "Good." she said as she sat up.

  "You just get your rest." I said as me and Tara walked toward the exit.

  She grabbed my arm before I got there. She looked liked she was wondering if she should do something. Then she leaned in and kissed my cheek.

   OH MY GOSH! I thought as I jumped up and down in my mind. She let go of my arm and had a smirk on her face. Then she started back down the hallway.