XL: Brand New Eyes

QOTC:

Well if it isn't my fellow neighborhood. Came to tell me how worthless pathetic you bloody mists are?

- Kisame

**********************************************************

Chapter 40: Brand New Eyes

If you've ever wondered what's beyond the course of Kisame's tale; feared as the Monster of the Bloody Mist, well—it didn't turn out as the happy ending he's expected.

Originally, Kisame was to guard the Cypher Division under orders from his superior, Fuguki Suikazan of Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the Mist. When the group was cornered by Konoha-nin under Ibiki Morino during a mission, Kisame chose to kill the Cypher Division members to keep their intel from being leaked out through Ibiki's interrogation. That's why he still held a grudge in Konoha.

Eventually, learning that Fuguki was selling information to other ninja villages, Kisame killed him and took Samehada for himself while replacing his superior as one of the Seven Swordsmen. Since then, Kisame was given the title of "Monster of the Hidden Mist."

Lost and delirious, the ordeal from killing his fellow Kiri ninja to reach his status as a Mist Swordsman caused the sharksman to become disillusioned and see himself as living a lie. It was soon after Kisame had met a mysterious ninja from the shadows and called himself Madara Uchiha. Learning of the Eye of the Moon Plan, Kisame was at first sceptical of the mysterious ninja but the notion of a "world of truth" enticed him to become one of the first and most loyal members of the Akatsuki. That's why he was partnered with Itachi. Though they greet each other in hostility, one thing was apparent—both have slaughtered their family for the good.

Kisame sulked at the memory. All this time—his life 'has' been one giant lie. "Well if isn't my fellow neighborhood." He smirked his crystal-like teeth. "Came to tell me how worthless pathetic you bloody mists are?"

"We do not wish to harm you." A female one said. "Surrender and forfeit the girl or die."

Rin's hand gripped for the sharksman's cloak but he just chuckled. "You dare threaten an Akatsuki?"

"We're from the Village Hidden in the Bloody Mist." The leader said. "We learn from our history."

Kisame stared back at the girl. We're outnumbered, he's trying to tell her, but Rin didn't tremble upon his message. She stared back at him with those onyx eyes, grim and savage. I want to fight! Her eyes say, and Kisame couldn't help but blunder his balance. She had grown, after all. She was far from the little girl whom he knocked into back in the day, and she surely wasn't someone you could easily get your hands on. A single touch could send a whole electric shockwave on anyone's chest and she'll definitely bite you to death if it's the last thing to do.

Kisame had underestimated the little girl.

"Well, Kisame?" A hunter said, "The choice is yours."

But wait—he might be having second thoughts for now. A group of highly trained individuals versus a strangely coloured six-footer and a little girl—who's in possession of the curse-mark. And given the fact that they were driven into some isolated arena, in which no coastal swamps or rivers are to be found; the Hunters have it all in their advantage. There won't be any water to wield on, swim upon or a portal to escape. Oh well, atleast he still has his Samehada with him.