XXIII: Never Counting Regrets

QOTC: Sakura: Is he gonna be okay?

Ino: He's Naruto. Why wouldn't he be?

*******************************************************

Chapter 23: Never Counting Regrets

Sakura's phone rang before answering it at the third call. She rolled her eyes thinking what could possibly the blonde wanted to tell her at this late hour. "Ino, if this is about your gossip rants—" 

"Sakura!!!" She exclaimed not to mention she wasn't used at being called with her first name. "Why haven't you been answering all my calls?" 

She looked at the other end of the corridor to check if someone might be listening. "Been busy." She held her phone closely. "Hold on, did something happen?"

Sasuke could hear the faintest sound and the devastating voices that were coming from Sakura beyond the door. "Wait—what?!"

                                            ✞ Եհҽ ղҽ×Ե մϲհíհɑ ✞

                              KNOW WHAT YOU'RE FALLING FOR

Things didn't go right where they were supposed to when Sakura had recently arrived at the hospital. She was told that there was a patient who was vulnerable to blood loss and can bleed to death any moment now. Tsunade had gotten savage soon as she realized the stockroom was empty; all of their blood supplies went missing. The Daimyō threw the box where all of the supplements were stolen before storming back at her office, summoning all of the attainable ANBU to search for any lead of the crime.

Kakashi was present too, but instead of hurrying along the old lady's room he just stood there watching every move Sakura does as if he knew exactly what she was doing. Sometimes she used to wonder if those eyes might happen to read her soul. She bit her lip not wanting to think that she lied not just to her own teacher but her family as well. Tsunade as well. Every step was like dragging a wrecking ball.

Sakura took all the time she needed to stare at the beautiful Blonde's face for a while. "Is he gonna be okay?" Ino sat next to Naruto's right side, setting along her flower arrangement. "He's Naruto. Why wouldn't he be?" 

The pinkette was standing at his left side studying him; even if he drools or shifts at his sleep it was always a pleasure of watching him slumber. There were bandages at his right arm, similar to what he had after his journey to the twelve guardians in mastering the Rasenshuriken. Now she did help at feeding him Ramen, didn't he? 

Her eyes have spotted the mark that was hinted right amid his arm, right where Neji's strike had landed a huge impact within him. They were right. He's suffering a cell disorder that might be the cause of his death. The platelettes that are stopping the flow of the blood clot had exceedingly decreased due to Neji's blow the past few days, and with the help of the fox inside of him, it'll heal not less than a day as long as he gets injected with the amount of blood he needed.

"Tsunade-sama was finished testing the rest of Konoha 11. Not one of them matched the same blood type as his," Ino added.

"We'll figure something out. I promise."