XIX: Never Let Me Go

QOTC: Let's face it. In the end, you're always going to be the root of her suffering.

- Neji to Naruto

********************************************************

Chapter 19: Never Let Me Go

Sai took the risk. He sketched as many beasts that were brought to life but Neji had bulged it with his palm, ink splattering. Lee managed to hit him with his Leaf Hurricane but it didn't hurt because he used a substitution jutsu. Ino tried manipulating him with his mind-distracting jutsu, but he was too strong to repel it—as she ended up on her knees and screeched in pain. Shino displayed a dominion of his parasitic insects, but the Hyuga prodigy was able to perform his Heavenly-palm rotation just in time. Naruto and the people of Konoha looked at him in marvel and trepidation, assuring themselves of one thing: This is not the Neji they know.

"This is not a place for us." Said Naruto. 

Neji chuckled, a tone that suggested he was starting to sound like Sasuke. "I guess one of us has to leave then." 

                                                       ♡ ʈɦɛ ɲɛӝʈ ựɕɦɨɦɑ ♡

                                                   THERE'S NO ESCAPE

* P L A Y S O N G *

Thunderclouds quarrel from above and rain started sprinkling. Wind hurled like a grumbling harridan and blood went dripping into the surface of the ground that lay soft in the grass.

Naruto let himself get beaten by his rival. So he would be contented with this pleasure that half derived him from his pain.

He punched a whole fist into his cheek."Fight me, you idiot!!" 

Naruto wouldn't budge. First he was stimulated at the thought of battling his old opponent and managed to blew up to three Rasengan with the help of his clones. He didn't put up much of a fight, really. He didn't see the reason why he should fight back. Rather he thought of using his blood as an offering for his satisfaction.

Hinata was being pulled away with his arms straddling her from behind. "N-naruto-kun! Let m-me go! W-we have to help him!" 

"That's enough, Hinata!" Desperate to break free from his grip, Kiba turned her to face him holding both of shoulders. "I need you to listen to me, okay? Neji told me to watch over you and I won't let you go in there without being reckless.." He eyed her intensely. "You understand me?" 

She shook her head numerously. "N-no, he's g-going to kill him!" 

"No he won't." Shino chimed in looking calm as ever. "Look."

Neji threw another heavy fist that ached the threshold of Naruto's gum. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" 

He chuckled. "Go ahead," blood contrasted in his white teeth. "Hinata's never gonna forgive you." 

He chortled, the way he did it didn't sound like Neji anymore. "You still think this is still about Hinata, don't you?" He kneeled in front of him. "Let's face it. In the end, you're always going to be the root of her suffering." 

"Says the guy who would have killed her." 

"Baka, you—-" 

Just then a Kunoichi threw a Kunai in front of Kiba that ripped the hem of his shirt.