9. Black Roses

The next couple of months are going to be really hectic for me because of exams and tests so updates may be irregular for a while, but I will do my best.

So I hope you will enjoy this chapter. Last time you didn't get to see Leo a lot, you'll get to see him a bit more this time. ;)

_____________________________________________________

"Achoo!"

Derek grabbed a tissue from the Kleenex box he'd had next to him all day as quick as a viper. He'd woken up this morning only able to breathe through his mouth. Of course, that couldn't keep him from opening the pub. Derek knew that Leo had paid the rent for the pub for at least the next year or so. But even though he often complained and grumbled he still loved the Green Pub. So no way in hell was he staying in bed.

"Fucking hell, damn nose," Derek cursed softly and threw yet another used tissue in an already half full thrash can, "how is it possible to have so much snot?"

A chime called Derek's attention to a young man opening the door. "Just my luck," he groaned in annoyance. It was the lad from last night. Derek couldn't even remember his name, but the face he recognised. And the arse.

The lad walked up to the bar and smiled brightly. "I found you," he said and sat down on one of the barstools. "Where did you go yesterday? I couldn't find you at all after you went to the bathroom," he whined.

"I got a call from a friend who was in trouble, had to go since it was an emergency," Derek lied smoothly and smiled apologetically. He was a good actor. You had to be to survive out on the street. "Oh, is he or she alright?" the lad asked, eyes wide. Derek wasn't surprised that the young male was so gullible. There was a reason that it was him he'd picked last night.

"She's alright now. I helped her get out without much harm being done." The lad gasped. Probably making up all kinds of stories to fill in the blanks. Time for a change of subject.

"So how did you find me, sexy?" Derek asked - he still couldn't remember the guy's name. He hadn't actually thought that he'd see him again. The man blushed, obviously a lot more self-conscious when sober. "Uhm, I, Uhm, I asked some of my friends if they knew someone who looked like you. You never did tell me your name, you see. So all I had were fuzzy memories of how you looked." His face had taken an even deeper scarlet hue at the end of his explanation.

"My own little stalker," Derek teased with a smirk. On closer inspection he realized what's-his-name was quite a looker. Long limbs, sparkling blue eyes, a soft kissable mouth, and with the way the sweater he was wearing hugged his body Derek could tell he had very well-defined muscles - he was most likely a regular at the gym.

"N-no, I just, uhm, you know, wanted to see you again and maybe hang out... or someting," he stuttered, his cheeks still bright red, "you're right that does sound weird. Am I creeping you out? Oh my god, I'm a creep." Derek almost couldn't contain his laugh, but didn't want to spoil the fun he was having.

"Hmm, but you're a very sexy creep," Derek purred, making what's-his-name look down in embarrassment. "I bet you have guys coming on to you like this all the time," he sighed and then gasped, "I did not just say that. Stupid brain, why are you betraying me now?"

"You know, your body and personality don't match," Derek said.

"Yeah I know, the people who come up to me are always disappointed because they think I have one of those really macho personalities. But then I don't and they move on." The lad looked so sad that Derek took pity on him.

"Their problem. People shouldn't judge you based on your looks. So yeah maybe you look like a dominating top, but I bet you're a big sub who'd rather be dominated." Derek really couldn't help himself. He'd intended to say something nice, but teasing this guy and seeing him blush was just too much fun.