3. Snow in Spring

I have been writing and re-writing this chapter for the last couple of days, and I'm still not completely satisfied with it, but I don't think it'll get any better. So here ya go!

Also your comments really help motivate me, they make me really happy, so thank you. (^_^)

Picture of Leo. My brother thought Leo was too feminine, but this is just how I imagine him.

Derek walked over to the door on shaky legs. It was no use waiting them out since the windows were shattered. “W-who is it?” he stuttered, nervously. “Leo.” Derek laughed with relief and opened the door. “It’s Leo, thank god. Leo this isn’t the best of times to drop by, the pub has been trashed, probably by the mafia and I-“ Leo pushed Derek to the side and went in. Well alright then, Derek thought and followed him into the pub. Leo looked around and then turned to Derek. “Do you know what they were after?”

“I’m not sure, well, me I guess.” Derek chuckled, without joy – it was that or breaking out in a panic attack. “Not necessarily this looks more like a search for something,” Leo said absently while walking around examining the place. Derek just looked at Leo, trying to forget all the trouble ahead of him.

“Wait,” Derek said, the realization dawning on him. “I had a small pouch with some white powder I assumed was drugs.” He ran over to the destroyed counter and fumbled around in the drawer he had put the pouch in. “Dammit, it’s gone.”

Derek stood and looked at Leo; he was staring at him with that emotionless expression of his. “Why did you have drugs?” Derek stiffened, before breaking out in a genuine laugh. It felt so good to laugh that he just continued doing so for a couple of minutes before answering. “Do I look like a druggie, Leo? The last time I used drugs I was still young and naive. I got those drugs from a drunk who ran off with a bottle of liquor and left it on the counter.” Leo looked Derek into the eye for a moment and then nodded.

“You’re coming with me.” Leo grabbed Derek’s arm and pulled him towards the door. “What? No way in hell.” Derek dug his heels into the floor, but it didn’t slow Leo. “Leo, you’re a customer, I don’t know you, so I am not going with you.” Leo suddenly stopped and even though his back was turned to Derek, Derek could still feel that aura of Obey Me Or Die coming from Leo in waves.

“Do you wish to die?” Leo asked with a cold voice. “Because the people who did this are dangerous and clearly able to break in here. So this is how we’re going to do this: you are coming with me to my apartment where you will stay until all this is so-“

“No.” Leo turned and glared. “No what?” Derek straightened and looked Leo directly in the eye, trying to stare him down even though Leo was taller by at least ten centimetres. “No, I do not wish to die and no I’m not going to your apartment.” Leo didn’t answer, just stared. Was he trying to make Derek surrender? “Very well, have it your way.” Leo let go.

Derek frowned. Was it really that easy? “On one condition.” Of course, Derek thought. “You will have dinner with me now, or I’ll drag you to my place.” Derek frowned in thought. He wouldn’t put it past Leo to really drag him back to his apartment, but still, dinner? It wasn’t really the best idea at present time. Derek glanced at Leo; who was as always expressionless – he had to be good at poker. “...Just dinner?” Leo nodded. “As soon as you’ve eaten a full meal with me today I’ll leave you alone, promise.” Derek couldn’t tell whether Leo was lying or not, but it was worth a try. In any case he could probably escape from the restaurant if necessary.