1. Trouble in a cute package

Picture of Derek Carmson.

Derek looked at the shining counter before him and decided against wiping it over, again. The pub was quiet, only the sound of cars passing by out on the street could be heard from time to time. Derek sighed and walked over to sit down on one of the barstools. His pub wasn’t popular but he managed, though from time to time he couldn’t afford meat.

The pub had a wooden theme and the fabric on the chair pillows was a dark green hue. The few windows there were had the view of the almost empty and grey street. Derek looked at the grandfather clock he had bought at a forced sale – the man had had a huge gambling debt, so the area’s ruling mafia had decided to sell his stuff, and probably his organs, too – it would soon be the rush hour for the pub, if you could say that.

Saturday evening and night when people wandered about drunkenly from pub to pub, drowning their sorrows and worries, was the time Derek’s pub got the most customers. The day everybody was happy would be the day Derek’s business closed.

With a quiet creak the door to the pub swung open. Derek straightened and prepared to get up until he saw who it was.

“Hey there baby, I see the place is filled to the brim as always,” Chris said with a bubbly laugh. With an exaggerated hip-swing he waltzed over to Derek and kissed him on the mouth. Derek sighed in annoyance when Chris let go after a final sweep with his tongue. “Come on Rekie give me a proper kiss,” he pouted. Derek grabbed Chris’ chin to draw him closer. As he thrust his tongue inside Chris’ mouth he simultaneously squeezed his arse. Chris moaned and dropped his bag to the floor so he could have his arms around Derek’s neck.

After lightly biting Chris’ lower lip Derek pulled back and pulled a hand trough his hair. “Now that I have properly greeted you, what troubles bring you here?” Chris gasped with fake outrage. “Rekie, don’t you trust me?” he whimpered playfully. “No,” Derek deadpanned. Sighing, Chris pulled out the barstool next to Derek and sat down. “You really should have chosen another colour than dark green, it’s hideous,” Chris stalled.

“Chris-“ Derek said with a serious voice.

“Seriously Rekie, you worry too much, it’s just the usual, I had an affair with some guy who had forgotten to mention that he was married and now the wife is kind of pissed so I need a place to hid until everything calms down.”

“And that’s it?”

“Yesh Rekie,” Chris giggled. Derek sighed and gave in. “As long as your trouble doesn’t follow you here.” Chirs hopped off the barstool and down to the floor and started bowing. “Thank you, thank you, thank you almighty Rekie I am forever in your debt.”

“Yeah, yeah I’ll add it to the other favours you owe me,” Derek sighed. Chris stood up and parted Derek’s legs so he could stand between them, and looked up at Derek through his eyelashes. “I have a good idea at how I could return the-“ Chris looked down at Derek’s crotch and back up. “services.” Derek pushed Chris away and smirked. “I can get what you’re thinking of for free, you horndog.”

“True,” Chris admitted.

“Drop your bag off in the guestroom and then come down and help me,” Derek instructed and then walked over to the counter. “But this pub is so boring,” Chris whined and jumped away when Derek tried to kick his butt. “Miss me, miss me, now you have to kiss me!”

Derek groaned in annoyance. “Just go and unpack already before I change my mind about letting you stay.” Chris ran up the stairs in the back and came down again a couple of minutes later, just as two very drunk men stumbled inside for another round.