21. The New Don

Heiya!

So here we are yet again. This will be the last chapter of this story - for now. I might write a sequel - no promises - and a few one-shots. I simply can't completely let go of this couple. I really want to give Kim, Paul, and William/Vincent their happy endings, too.

So I hope you enjoy!

Derek’s POV

Derek sat silent because of the gag stuffed in his mouth, but even more so by the fact that his brother was alive. Had been all this time. All these years. Every time Derek had gone to William’s grave he had been alive and kicking. At least according to Stephen. And Derek didn’t exactly trust the guy, but...

Could William be alive? Derek looked to his side. Kim was glaring at Stephen but at the same time discreetly working on the handcuffs on her hands. Derek didn’t know when or how she’d managed to get a hairpin out of her hair and down in her hand, but somehow she had. Quickly looking away so other people wouldn’t notice what Kim was doing, he focused on Stephen who was pacing back and forth in front of a window. Even though the man was pacing, he was able to do it with such a confident swagger that seemed to say worship-me.

There was no clock in the room so Derek didn’t know what time it was or how long he’d been here. But judging by his numb butt and cold limbs he’d guess about three or four hours. Or eternity. All three seemed plausible right now.

As time dragged on, the gunnies - the name Derek had given Stephen’s small army - grew more and more tense and kept glancing nervously out the window or to the rusty elevator. Derek knew why they were nervous. He would have been too if he knew Leo was coming for him in a less than friendly mood.

Kacha... wreeeeeeeeesceeeeeeeeee

The rusty elevator began to descend and disappeared under the floor. Had these been normal circumstances, Derek wouldn’t have set foot on it even if he was paid to. It looked like it might break and fall to the ground any second. Derek’s heart started pounding. Whether it was because he was scared shitless, because Leo was coming - right into a deathtrap, or because Kim had made little triumphant grunt Derek wasn’t sure.

A tense silence settled among them. The gunnies checking their ammo one last time and then getting into position. Stephen grinning like a maniac. And he and Kim staring at the hole in the ground where the elevator would soon emerge.

Derek took a quick glance around to locate all possible hiding places. Leo would no doubt be whipping out his guns soon and giving the floor a nice bloodbath.

The elevator emerged with Leo standing inside. He looked grim and fierce. The dark look a haunting contrast to the blank, emotionless expression he’d had when Derek first met him. It made him shiver and his mind wandered to dirty, indecent places that weren’t very fitting given the situation. But later when Leo had kicked all these bustards’ arses...

Leo stepped out of the elevator started towards Stephen. All the gun-muzzles were targeted on his back, the gunnies twitching with nerves.

“Well, well, well. You decided to show up! You’re actually a romantic at heart, Leo,” Stephen sneered, “Wasn’t sure you’d actually come to get you baby sister and main-shag, oh I’m sorry, your partner.” Stephen looked impossibly smug as he taunted Leo, obviously having the time of his life. Well, I certainly hope you enjoy it because in a little while you’ll be a corpse, Derek thought and glared at Stephen.