Chapter 21

Chapter Twenty Two

Edward

I was enthusiastic when I found that I could connect this broadcasting thing to only one person– so this broadcasting will be somehow under control soon! And that meant, that I could, with Bella…. yeah… I smiled to myself and was almost unable to get my thoughts under control. To distract myself, I turned to the window to the backyard; watching Esme’s garden helped at times to get calm and relieved. I was still thinking about the next things – somehow, Alice was right about the wedding – I wanted to propose again, and I was thinking about the right way to proceed; it was too bad that Bella was able to read my mind, so I had now the worries my family had with me all the time. Not too easy…

While I was pondering about that, I heard Carlisle get a call, perhaps from the hospital. I was not listening; instead I listened for any noise coming from our room – Bella should not become aware of my thoughts too early.

Carlisle then approached me “Edward, Vidal just informed that he will not come as planned today but tomorrow. Our friends would like to visit Bella’s old home, would you like to join us?” Carlisle asked me.

Hm, bowing my head towards the elders, I politely said “No thank y you – I would rather stay here for Bella”.

“You do not have to explain your actions to us Edward, if it makes you feel better, we would rather you stay here with her to keep her safe.” Temujin replied.

“Then please have a wonderful time with my father and we will see each other when you return. “ I said, happy about the privacy I got with Bella by that. I was about to go to the living room to see what the others were up to, when I heard Bella stir.

As I walked up the stairs, I knew she sensed my approach when I heard her take a deep breath in anticipation. Opening the door to our room, I turned to look at her and she was amazingly beautiful to me; the blood rushing to her face that should not be with that innocent smile while her body painted a perfect picture of a goddess. I knew I would always remain amazed by everything about her. Her full lips wanted to touch mine as mine wanted hers the same, her arms were stretched out for me to respond to instantly and of course I was not going to hesitate. When I began to reach the side of the bed holding my hands for her she leapt quite literally off the bed and into my arms as though she had not seen me in some time, wrapping her lengthy milky white legs around my waist, holding me in an iron grip. Not sure now if I missed a nightmare she may have had, I asked if she wanted me to hum her lullaby to her, and immediately following that question, I asked if she was alright.

“Um, I will answer the second one first: yes I am alright, just missed you a lot! And the first question: please do.” she said with a smile. She didn’t want to release me from our embrace for one second as I sang her lullaby, which of course I did not mind. Being that close to her; I was again overwhelmed by her scent; it smelled almost like the first day in the restaurant. This intoxicating fragrance, her blood running through her veins, entrancing every breath I took. It was now not as it was when I first caught her human scent – instead it was more of a…I-cannot-stop-myself-from-smelling-her-every-second-of-the-day kind of thing. The “pull” of her scent was even stronger than before, but now of course not with the urgent need to – kill her, to drink from her. Now it was dazzling, filling me with such a joy – I could hardly describe. I thought even about the strange change in this – at the beginning I was almost about to kill her, then the scent somehow “faded”, and now, it was back, stronger than before, but – different. I would ask the elders about this when they arrived back...By the time I was finished with the lullaby, I felt tears flowing down my neck and shoulder. “Bella, love, are you alright?” I asked again, in worry that I did something wrong.