Chapter 12

As always, thanks for reading and I would love to know what you think. The next chapter(Thirteen)is Carlisle's POV, a second portion of his trip. Thanks D

Chapter Twelve

“Well Bella,” Alice began, “You already know what Edward can do and I think you should know what the rest of us can do. So, Jasper’s gift is emotions,” she said as she bounced around the room with a big grin on her face, happy that she got to tell Bella some secrets too. “If someone is upset or something in that nature, he can calm them down. I can see into the future, but it doesn’t work right all the time. “Alice continued, happy to share her parts.

“How do you mean?” Bella asked in confusion.

“Well like with you: I can’t see your future very well right now, even if you are in front of me. It’s like this: If you make a permanent decision I can see the future. It works better with people I know and I can see humans like you, but not as clear like my own kind. But still I can see them, with you something seems off. Like I’m being blocked on purpose from your future, it really bothers me.” with a frustrated look on her face.

A smile crossed my face hearing Alice’s thoughts, there is no way that that is possible though, is there? She was always sure about her gift and now she was uncertain – and this was directly linked to her mood. Alice went from jumping around to sitting next to Bella. Bella looked clueless as to how deep in thought Alice had become over this.

Esme intervened then and asked us all about the renovation part. She had drawn a few drafts about the changes at the house of Bella’s parents – even as a draft, it was beautifully done. The porch was shown as a broad place along almost the whole house, with small flower boxes, the unavoidable porch swing with some rocking chairs, the windows were broader with floral folding shutters that fit to the general floral painted walls, clearly showing the different floors of the house. The door was changed into an illusion of double swing doors – altogether flooding the house with light. The floors were done with yellow honey-like maple. The whole ground floor shown as one big room, divided only by functional parts into an enormous detached kitchen – in the middle of it the cooking area with all its features and a bar beside it for viewing. In the background was the huge living room part, all with light furniture – functional, but cozy beside the open fireplace. As in our house, the separate part for music was there as well, showing the drawing of a grand white piano – I smiled as I saw this.

Esme had even drawn the other buildings beside the house – the special part here was that she had taken the idea from Alice: a covered broad colonnade led from the house to the barn. But inside the barn, there were no longer horses and cows, but a huge fully equipped spa including a bar and an entertainment section with a huge Plasma TV and dance floor, making every 5 star hotel ashamed of their own.

Bella’s mouth plopped open “Esme! This is so beautiful! But this will take too much money to do the renovation – I can’t order this even if I would like to do so. Let’s just keep it as a sweet thought, but I thank you for the imaginative picture of the what-if possibility.”

I smiled at her, but before I could answer, Esme answered herself “Bella, dear, do you like it, really?” As Bella was just able to nod, she continued “Then dear, do not worry. It would be a great pleasure to all of us to do it like this – and do not think about any money to share on this. You had enough worries in your past, and seeing Edward now together with you is so sweet, doing the renovation is the least we can do to show our delight.”

Bella was still speechless; tears dropped from her cheek as she hugged Esme and thanked her. Esme hugged her back, while lightly asking “Well then, do you want to go? I guess we need to take some measurements at the old house for those minor changes.” Bella was not sure if that was such a great idea because of yesterday’s events.