Chapter 7

Chapter Seven:

~~~~~~~Edward~~~~~~~

When Carlisle arrived, first thing on his agenda was to make sure my love was doing well. As she had said it truly was just a headache. “I will leave you some pills for her just in case. Is that all you need son?” he asked.

“There is...something that I need to speak to you about.” I said; keen to hear what he would think about all this. “Let's go into the kitchen and allow Bella to sleep.” I motioned for privacy.

Even though the night sky tonight was pitch black, we could still see each other clearly as we went into the kitchen, I switched a little light on in the living room for Bella in case she woke up. Not that I wouldn’t notice of course, but to ease her sudden awareness of my short fleet from her…

We sat at the table and spoke almost silently, for human ears not to here. “Father, Bella told me more about her dreams, actually about all of them.” I sat uncomfortable and restless knowing that I had no idea what any of this meant for her.

“Now Edward, you have my full attention – please elaborate further?” He replied, now full in science mode.

“Yes – but even as fast as we can speak, it will be difficult for you to keep up.” I told him, knowing that he would listen however long it took. Of course he said so, and I told him everything that Bella told me. During my monologue, he went whiter than normal and was finally in deep thoughts.

“Carlisle, are you alright? I asked him, not sure what he was worried about – he thought about some medical supplies and that told me immediately that he was trying to block me.

“No son, I am not, and I have to go.” He said, avoiding my gaze.

“Something is clearly bothering you. Why will you not let me see what it is?” I asked him, frustrated about his efforts to not answering my worries, not even to comment on Bella’s story.

“I am sorry son, but there are a few things that need my attention on this issue and before I discuss them with you, I need to be absolutely certain that this is what I think it is.” He more or less confirmed my feelings about something being wrong here.

“So, you are not going to give me anything, are you?” I asked him finally, showing my frustration.

With pain, he answered “Again, I am sorry, it is not that I do not want you to know, it’s more that I want to be certain of what my thoughts are telling me.” Please let me assure myself first, son, I want no harm for any of us. His eyes burrowed into mine while his lips were pursed into a flat line with worry and doubt.

“Ok, I understand” I said sternly, very distraught by this outcome. Then he surprised me.

“Edward, I believe that it is time for you to tell her.”

“What exactly do you mean?”

He clarified in his next sentence “You need to tell her what you are what we are....then, when she is over the initial shock, tell her the rest of the horrifying story of what happened to the both of you. Bella may want you to fill in the gaps.”

Now, I WAS surprised.

“Why on earth would you think that that is a good idea?” I asked him – one of our main rules was to keep our very existence hidden from public.

“Son, her soul has a strong attachment to her other lives and it will not help her to understand them or to get past them without her knowing the complete truth. If all this is true – Edward, then she has been reincarnated many times and murdered, for a specific purpose, for only one reason.”