Chapter 20

Previous Chapter

“Bella, you do not need to ask for anything love. I live only to give you all of what you desire. “ I replied, stepping closer, with pleasant anticipation, smiling my crocking smile she liked.

“Well, then that would be just having you with me.” She said innocently as she held me tighter.

I so hoped that this broadcasting was not starting again…

Chapter Twenty

The Ancients

Bella shot right up and out of my arms which did not go over too well with me. Looking at her incredulous face, I was still astonished that she was truly here with me. Her beautiful smile could cause my heart to beat again, that I was sure of. Bella turned to look at me and said,

“They’re here, Edward.”

I listened for anyone that was coming, but there was nothing, looking at her in confusion I had to ask. “Love…who is coming?”

“Them, um, the ancients that Carlisle spoke of. “

“Darling, we know they will visit, but they’re not here yet.” I was surprised by her reaction. Was she just now remembering that they were coming, or just overwhelmed that they were coming? As I pondered on this, Bella smiled even more and said.

“Edward, I don’t know how I know, but they are here, in Washington, right now as we speak. I can see them at the airport getting their luggage. They don’t know how long their stay will be, so they packed very well.”

“What …you can see them?” I said with a smile. Bella responded with a gracious smile and eyes sparkling. (Note to self: is there no end to her abilities?).

A laugh escaped Bella that bellowed the whole house; honestly it felt as though the house itself just awakened from a deep slumber when she had done this. My family, excuse me OUR family had rid themselves of any sadness or worry at that moment. Even they knew how special my Bella was with just this laugh. I could hear them all sigh. Hm – where was I? I lost all concentration of my thoughts when Bella did that.

Let’s see, ah the note to self was where I was at, hm no end to her abilities, that is what I was thinking and again Bella made the entire house vibrant with her innocent laughter. I believe my face became red or could have at that moment when I had finally realized what she was laughing at…me. With a smirk on my face I responded to her.

“Bella, I am amazed by your every talent that you seem to have and there seems to be much more than we know. The word (abilities) alone is shocking; neither I, nor my family had ever seen anyone like us having more than one. I’m in a haze of curiosity inside, craving to find out what else it is that you can do.”

“Edward, I am no more special then you.”

She just did not understand the magnitude of her abilities. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed the top of her head. The soft texture of her hair on my lips almost sent my manhood into a frenzy of sorts. I told myself over and over not to think of it – I even translated my favored story about a Honeymoon to Sanskrit just to distract me a bit. When I finally did somewhat get it out of my mind, Bella’s hands lightly scraped upwards on my back while her breathing became heavy once again. I pulled back and politely asked her to wait…yes, once again. It seems as though everything she said or did was a surprise to me, my Bella wanting me as desperately as I wanted her. Her face was longing for our embrace, but she finally agreed to wait it out for however long we had to. I would definitely have to get Esme and Alice on that house very soon, I did not think I could wait much longer, or better yet turn her down much longer.