I did so willingly

~Yun Xu's POV~
  As time went on he slowly remembered everything...but the one thing he could not remember was...me. Which just futher proves that I'm not suited for his world. I don't fit in. He showed me sides of him I've never seen. The stern side, the scary side, the ugly side, all the ones he has once protected me from... Such a difference between I and I.*

  But he couldn't simply boot me out and call me a conman and a scammer because of two reasons, one I saved him and two theirs simply to many reminders of me...places, objects, and people...But he still can't remember​. But it's not as if I feel any qualms with it...As long as we don't break our contract...Yes...That's it...

  "Yun Xu!" I heard a loud voice shout as I stop drinking wine while admiring the birds.

  "Your humble subject greets your majesty." I said with a bow.
"Yun Xu rise quickly​!" He said with a kind smile. "What are you looking at?"

"Birds, your majesty."

"What kind?"

  "Sun Birds...My favorite kind..." I said with a sad smile thinking about my departured wife.

"Oh why?"

"Because I think that they rather than Yuan Yang* are truly the birds of love..."

"But isn't it sad? Sure they only have one mate for life...But if that mate dies the other will starve itself to commit suicide...I'd rather they move on happily after I die..." He said and grabbed my hand and laid my hand on top of his as a Sun Bird land on my palm on top his... Even though it was my favorite bird...I didn't pay it any attention and didn't notice I was staring dazily at Hong Lei's face until the bird fluttered off causing me to flinch and almost trip but I was caught just in time with his arms around my waist as we went spinning our eyes never leaving one another. We didn't notice until we stopped and we're shook out of it by song sung by some birds.

  He grabbed my arm again for attention and pointed to another pair of birds. At first I couldn't tell if it was a single bird or a pair. "I personally prefer the Biyi Birds...That's what I think a perfect couple should be! They should be able to depend and support one and another! As Biyi birds are single winged birds and need another inorder to fly..." He said, I don't know when but our hands were clasped together.

  "Yun Xu I have sent my servants to ask you what you wish for as a suitable reward for saving my life, for the second time...But everytime you refuse! So tell me what wishes do you have? Don't be afraid I will grant them all!" He said holding both of my hands.

"Your majesty, their must have been a misunderstanding...I did not save you in hopes of riches and wealth...It is my duty as a doctor to save a patient and more so the Son of Heaven such an important​ patient." I said shaking my hands out of his grasp.

"And wasn't it so dangerous and idiotic to put yourself in danger to save me?"

"I did so willingly."

"But even for a doctor...There are many that just value wealth...Are you an idiot? Can you not cure idiocy?"

"Your majesty...forgive your humble subject for arguing but in this world there are no curable idiots, only willing idiots." I said with a sad smile but Hong Lei got a flash of a headache that went as fastly as it came.

"Yun Xu please. Allow me to reward you something or my heart will not be at ease, for me okay? And after all I may collapse from worry and become ill once again." He said grabbing my shoulders.

  "If your majesty insists, than...Allow your humble subject to accompany you by your side for at least this year no matter what..." I said looking at his strong, strong arms.

  "Bah~Thats no reward! I am not so petty!"

"Your majesty..." I said with down casted eyes and head towards the ground...of course he would refuse.

"Yun Xu don't be sad, I did not say that I won't allow it did I? There's no need for me to say such an obvious thing now is there? So lift that face up, it's far too beautiful to be hidden." he said with a smile as he used a finger on my chin to tilt my face up towards him.

"Thank you for your majesty's gracious approval."

"But as said before not truly enough as a reward...How about this? I will award you a death avoidance golden metal*. It can avoid any death sentence and this particular one has my ingravings, when seeing this as if seeing me." He said and took out a beautifully engraved gold metal with Hong Lei's family name and a dragon carved on the front and the words death avoidance and a phoniex on the back from his sleeve.

"Many thanks for his majesty's​ tremendous award." I said kneeling on the ground to receive it.

  "Oh and Yun Xu...Mind if I call you Xiao Bai*...It just that 'Yun Xu' is just to lengthy, 'Yun Er' sounds to feminist, and you're​ alway's wearing white..." He trailed off with a slight flush.

  "It's fine your majesty."

"And your majesty seems too formal...Call me...Hong Lei." He said fidgeting with his like a shy innocent maiden and the back of his neck red. It was quite entertaining seeing such a masculine man act as such.

"Xiao Bai if you don't mind me asking why you always wear white?" He said holding on to one of my flowing belts, of course white.

"For my wife. Even though a long time has passed I am still frozen in the past mourning for my wife*." I said my expressions turning blank.

"My condolences." He said making me lean on to his shoulders.

Were they always so broad?
~A/N~
My AP exams are over!

I know...It's a long one ain't it? No need to thank me!
Remember to turn on the captions.
Also I'm looking for an editor to clean up the Male Concubine and the Male Empress!!!

Also btw some people are confused whether this series is original or if it's translated cuz of the numerous Mandarin characters and the lengthy explanation. It's because I want you guys to understand my thought process Better. I tend to prefer to think of Chinese stories in Chinese but someone I can't always translate those exact feelings to English because their might not be equivalent words to the Chinese ones I'm thinking, I hope you'll forgive me. For causing much confusion now and in the past.

*You've probably seen in other books theirs the formal way in which an Emperor says 'I' which is 'Zhen' 朕 and the normal and informal way for 'I' everyone else basically which is 'Wo' 我. And Yun Xu is pointing that everything feels so different just because of two words that mean the same thing but vastly different.

*Yuan Yang birds  also known as Mandarin Ducks are basically the doves of China. The birds greatly associated with wedded bliss and Fidelity.

*Mian Si Jin Pai 免死金牌

*Little White 小白

*White is the color of funerals for the Chinese