Epidemic

~Hong Lei's POV~
  "What?! Send Yun Xu to Hangzhou?!" I said in an outrage, and even throwing down the scroll.
  "But...But he's known as the godly doctor that can cure anyone! Please your highness, don't be selfish! Many of our nation is dying He's just a man! Sure he has a pretty face but I'm sure there are people that at least have his level of looks!" The prime minister, the father of concubine Wan protested.
     He's not just a man! He's the man, I love! The man that saved my life! The man...That is to be my empress." And at my announcement...A silence washed over my subjects...
  "That is the end of this meeting. No buts." I said and dismissed everyone.
   As I left the scene I heard whispers everywhere.
~Yun Xu's POV~
     After much convincing I was finally allowed to the gardens and getting some fresh air.
     As I was admiring a beautiful begonia until I heard some of the palace servant girls whispering
    "His majesty must've been possessed by a fox spirit! I heard that he invited a beautiful male doctor who supposedly saved him into the palace, but surely it must be because he's good in bed!"
    "I know! I mean there's​ an epidemic in Hangzhou that many tried to cure to no avail! I heard he's suppose to be the godly doctor but I bet he's just a good con artist with a pretty face!" One said triumphantly as if figuring out a great secret.
   "And when the minister tried to send him to there his majesty yell-"
   They probably would've continued if I didn't cough, and at that they look frightened and immediately pailed then scurried off like mice.
  Later that afternoon like always, came to pester and stalk me and I confronted him about the matter.
           It was wrong of him to hide it from me, no matter the reason! I am a doctor, my duty is to save people's lives!
   "Doctor, his majesty came again. Should I just tell him to leave?" One of the servant girls asked me.
   "No...Let him in." I said shocking her, as for the past couple of months I've always ignored him. And almost immediately I felt arms from behind, tightly wrapped against my waist as he whispered "Is it just me or did the sun rise from the West*?" But I used my cold hands to pry him off if me.
  "Why did you hide it from me?" I asked coldly.
   "What do you mean Yun Er*?" He asked with a genuinely confused face.
  "About the epidemic." I asked genuinely drinking tea.
     "Why won't you allow me to go! People are dying! Your people are dying! I'm a doctor, the meaning of my existence is to save people!"
   "No! I refuse for my time with you to be shortened! For you to leave me! It's all an excuse so you can leave me! I will never put you in danger! If your going, I'm going!" His face becoming​ overly red.
   I then slapped him.
  "You are the ruler of this country! Think about your people for a moment."
    "Then think about me...I have sacrificed so much for this dragon throne that I don't even want! It's not worth a single cent to me! Give this to Han Ling, after all you all like him better! Father, Mother...Even you! Not even you...I refuse to give you away!"
  And at that word the argument was settled and we were on our way the next day.
~A/N~
*meaning something impossible happened
*term of endearment like Bing Bing was not actually Ling Bing's real name