Chapter Three

I sat down at one of the cafeteria tables and gestured for Ciel to do the same.

"So Ciel, here is  map of the school." I said, flipping his timetable over. "We're here, in the center, and here is the A building, the B building is here, that one's the C building and so forth as you can see on the lables. Do you understand?"

"Yes of course... it feels a bit strange to be in the cafeteria while everyone else is still in classes."

I smiled. "Yes it is a bit hard to get used to at first."

"So you've done this before?"

"Well I do often get assigned to the new students as a guide."

he considered this thoughtfully.

"So the teachers trust you."

I laughed. "Well I suppose that's one way of looking at it. Why?"

"Just curious that's all."

"Okay then, you need to go through your time table and pack the appropriate items for the day. Do you have any books yet?"

"yes my aunt bought all the required equipment... Or so she says I can never be sure with her."

I furrowed my brows. "Your aunt? What about your parents."

"Um they're not really around, what about you, do you have parents?"

I frowned at the change of subject but answered anyway. "no I'm emancipated."

Ciel nodded and looked out the window.

I cleared my throat. "So Ciel, uhh would you mind telling me what happened to your eye."

he sighed and stared at the floor.

"nothing." he mumbled. "freak accident."

"Do you really expect me to believe that Ciel?" I raised a brow.

"Its the truth. I think I should go." he started to leave but I quickly reached out to grab his hand.

"Ciel, it is not!"

"it is. Now would you please let go of me!"

he struggled to pull away but I had had enough. I jerked my arm and pulled him down so that his face was only inches away from mine.

"Tell me the truth Ciel."

CIEL

I froze. Was it just me or did his eyes just flash pink, no they couldn't have.

I swallowed nervously and blushed when I realised how close his face was to mine.

"I uhh.. Okay." I sighed. "But you have to let go of me first."

he let go and I sat back down in my chair.

"Um well. A few days ago my parents... were umm... murdered and... I was sold to a cult." I watched his eyes widen as he leaned forward in curiosity.

I bit my lip and felt my eyes burn as I tried to hold back the tears.

"Anyway I was there for two days before I was rescued, however... the police didn't arrive quick enough to stop them from pouring a burning chemical in my eye."

SEBASTIAN

So basically what he was saying was that his eye has been effectively destroyed.

"Umm... may I see?" I asked, raising a hand tentively to his eye patch.

he nodded and I proceeded to untie the garment to reveal a closed eye. it didn't look very different from any other eye and I furrowed my brows in confusion.

But then the eye opened and I let out a gasp of surprise.

Staring back at me was a lovely eye, every bit as beautiful as its twin. The only difference was that it was an enchanting shade of purple.

"Beautiful" I said, placing a hand on his cheek and rubbing just under the eye in question with my thumb.

at this he blushed and fidgeted in his chair.

I regained my composure and leaned back in my chair when I had a sudden realisation.

"Ciel! What were they doing to you for the rest of those two days!" I exclaimed.

"They uhh beat me and..." he blushed.

"What? What did they do?" and then I realised. "That's disgusting!"

"So now you know." he sighed. "You probably don't want to be around me any more."

I lost it and hugged him out of impulse.

"Ciel of course I do."

I don't know why, out of all the humans at this school, Ciel was the one who had caught my attention. But what I did know for sure is that now that I'd met him, I sure as hell wasn't letting him get away.