Chapter One

I looked at the sad scene taking place in front of me.

It was a sad room filled with sad kids, all of which had been through sad lives, everything, sad.

I Ciel Phantomhive, son of the great earl Phantomhive, had just seen my parents killed in front of me, and now less then three days later I found myself in a miserable orphanage, praying that my aunt would arrive soon.

I sighed and leant back against the wall, raising a hand to my eye patch I closed my eyes and imagined I was some place far away from this world.

"Ohh Ciel darling there you are!" suddenly I found my myself choked by my aunt's strong embrace and awkwardly patted her on the shoulder in a sad attempt to appear comforting.

"Hello Aunt Angelina." I offered.

"Oh darling you poor poor thing! I know it isn't going to make up for what you've lost but I know you're going to have a great time living with your aunt Ange!"

I smiled. "thanks aunty I appreciate your kindness."

"Oh you know I would do anything to help my dear nephew."

she lead me towards her car and handed me a small gold signet ring. "It was rescued from the fire dear, it has the Phantomhive crest."

I felt a pang in my chest. I was overwhelmed with childhood memories, my father's official looking jewelry. I sighed and placed it on the middle finger of my right hand, frowning at the fact that it was the only finger on which it fit.

"Oh Ciel Darling. I need to inform you that you will be going to school, I have decided that your homeschooling has gone on long enough. you're almost sixteen now and I think you should make some friends. You'll start tomorrow."

"What!" my fingers flew instinctively to my eye patch, I sighed. "I hope you realise that from this day forward my life will consist of mostly sad pirate jokes and cracks at my five nothing height."

"just because you still look like you're twelve that's not an excuse to go on acting like you are." She scowled.

I sighed and held up my hands in defeat. "If I couldn't swiftly work through being put in an ultimately uncomfortable position for me, what kind of a Phantomhive would I be?"

she smiled. "that's the spirit."

I grunted, tomorrow was going to be a long day.