We Have Him Where We Want Him

A/N

Longer chapter as promised- at least I hope it's longer:P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elizabeth struggled to keep up with James- her bandaged ankle stinging as her feet slapped the dirt road of Nassau. The pirate was several strides ahead of her, the dust trailing behind him obstructing her view. Allen chased behind them, his old bones definitely not what they used to be.

Their chosen path became thick with various shades of green, bushes and trees decorating the trail. James was forced to slow- not even he could predict the way the trail would flow. He pushed back the low drooping tree branches and leaped over their surfaced roots with ease, Elizabeth and Allen falling even further behind, as they did not possess the agility that James Kidd did.

Allen's heavy panting sounded in Elizabeth's ear as she pushed yet another bare branch out of her way, strands of her brown hair getting tangled within the curved wooden branches, her shoes collecting the paths wooden foliage. They scraped along the inside of her shoe as she plodded along.

Eventually she had lost sight of James, yet he left a distinct enough path that was easy to follow. Anxiety wound up in her as she moved, slowly growing faster and faster with each step that she took. Elizabeth slapped branches back forcefully, an unfortunate Allen left to take the hard blow of each one.

The light of the clear blue sky that hung over the beach finally shone through the trees, it was a welcome sight to all three of them. James had hung back slightly, awaiting Elizabeth and Allen's arrival.

'Took ye pansy's long enough,' James sighed as he looked back at the two, an obvious look of sarcasm set upon his face.

'Well excuse me for having a bum ankle,' Elizabeth scoffed, steadying herself on a nearby treetrunk.

'And excuse me for being old,' Allen added, gasping for air while clutching his side.

James just snorted, shaking his head as he pushed back another curtain of tree leaves and hanging vines. He peaked through a tiny slit, the sunlight hitting his brown eyes as he scanned the area.

Nathaniel was on his knees, hands secured behind his back, a scowl evident on his hard features. Three men sauntered around him, Ed Thatch, Jack Rackham, and Charles Vane. Yet only one held a pistol.

James pushed through the curtain quickly, adapting an unpleasing look upon his face as he marched up to the three of them. Elizabeth and Allen crept through the shadow, cautious to what was going on around them.

'What the hell was that, lads!' Kidd threw his hands in the air, stopping himself as he came close enough to the three pirates. 'All of Nassau must've heard that bloody gunshot!'

'Sorry,' Vane mumbled, his rough voice deep as he swung the pistol between his fingers. Manipulating it as he spoke. 'Our friend here got a bit pissy. I didn't like it.'

'I don't give two shites about what you don't like- Point is, do you want the King's men on our asses?!' James argued, a deadly look deep in his eyes.

Charles Vane just rolled his eyes, throwing the gun that he once held to the sand. It landed softly with a thud, displacing the sand around it.

'I don't give two shites about what you don't like,' He mumbled to himself, distorting his voice to sound like a Havana school girl. 'I don't give two shites about what ye don't like my ass. Ye wanted our help- So, ye better let me take care of things me way or I'll blow a hole in yer skull!'