The Not So Drunk Doctor

A/N

Yet another drunk OC... XD Just what we all need!

Don't worry- I think you'll like him. :)

Plus- I'm thinking of publishing a piece of my original work that I am currently writing. It's called 'The Sovereigns'. Don't worry though, I would never stop working on this:)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Let's hope the ole git isn't passed out drunk,' James mumbled to himself as he approached the old wooden, mossy, shack. Elizabeth seated on the ground besides the door as she awaited the doctors aid. She hadn't been faring well in all honesty, her ankle had gotten more swollen and bruised and her whole being was becoming rather hot and stuffy- no doubt some sort of an infection caused by her injured self. She could only hope that Nassau's 'doctor' would help.

'Surely there's only so much drink a man can withstand,' Elizabeth's joked, leaning her back against the filthy shack that practically wreaked of rum. She was trying to distract herself from how ill she was really feeling. She needed help- and at this point she'd except anybody's. Even James Kidd's horrible nursing skills would do.

James glanced down at the girl before shaking his head, not even sparing a laugh. This must've been eating away at him. Ever since they had merely talked he had been protective over her- maybe he just felt obligated. It was he who dragged her into a bush when they had first met. Perhaps he just felt sorry for Elizabeth- or wanted to prove to her that he really was a good man.

Which was utterly foolish- Elizabeth knew very well that Kidd was a good lad. She never doubted that.

Kidd's heavy knocks shook the unstable frame of the rotting house, he didn't bother to start off soft, either. He just went straight to pounding on the door like he had done to her house only nights before.

'Open up ye old drunk!' he shouted, his hair brushing across his tanned skin as his fist made contact with the door. 'There's a lass here in need of your 'professional' assistance.' He seemed to pull out the sarcasm on the word 'proffesional'.

The sound of heavy footsteps sounded as a man approached the door and Elizabeth suppressed a sigh of relief as the creaking of wood sounded as the door was swung open.

'What do you need, Kidd?' the man hissed as he leaned his weight up against the door frame. It was odd, he didn't seem drunk- yet his hair and clothing was disheveled and thrashed about. He ran an aged hand through his long, graying, locks before staring at James with hard green eyes.

'I didn't think you were deaf yet, old man. I said-'

'I've had just about enough of your attitude, lad.' The doctor was obviously growing more and more upset as their conversation carried on.

Elizabeth tried her best to ease herself off the grassy ground, supporting herself next to the mossy and filthy shack. She wanted to intervene before the two of them did something they would both regret- It was painstakingly obvious that these two had some sort of unknown history to her and Elizabeth wanted to nip it in the butt before it could progress.

'And I've had just about enough of your drunken arse being of no assistance!' James threw his arms up before progressing towards the doctor that Elizabeth needed desperate help from.

'Lads!' Elizabeth yelled quickly, sort of throwing her body in between the two angered men- which she admitted, wasn't the best idea at the time. 

James Kidd's eyes widened in surprise slightly as he grasped onto the brown haired girl with incredible ease, ignoring his debacle with the older man for just a moment.