The Storm

*A/N*

I'd like to announce that yes- Adewale will be yelling 'water-spout' a lot. Just you wait.

Two updates in one day -again- *Gasp* I am a powerhouse!

I haven't had time to look over it yet so I apologize for any mistakes!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The dark sky above filled with clouds quickly, the wind picking up as James and Elizabeth stood on the deck. The Jackdaws crew hurried around them, readying the ship for the inevitable storm. Elizabeth wasn't sure what to do- she just stared at James helplessly, waiting for orders.

'What do we do?' she asked, slightly panicked at the idea of being caught in a storm in the middle of the ocean.

'What we always do-' James sent a smirk her way. 'Brace when the captain tells us too, then pray.'

Elizabeth's face must've portrayed how terrified she felt because it sent James into a small bought of laughter as he chuckled at her expression.

'I kid, lass. Ole Kenway's gonna take good care of us.' Kidd smirked again-pairing it with a wink that was certain to make any woman lose it, and Elizabeth would've if she hadn't been reminded of Nathaniel so bitterly. The smile dropped from her lips- replaced with one of deep thought.

So many aspects of Kidd had reminded her of Nathaniel- in the beginning, anyway. So there she stood, shoving all of her feelings deep down inside, and in a strange way-scared of him.

Kidd had noticed the blank look on Elizabeth's face, a one of subtle fear. At her immediate reaction his face sobered up as well, reaching a careful hand forward he set it carefully on Elizabeth's shoulder, looking deep into her soft green eyes as she stood- frozen beneath his touch. 'Elizabeth? You okay?'

She came to quickly, her eyes shooting up to his face and her facial expressions shifting back to one of normal status.

'Aye,' she spoke quickly, nodding along to her words. 'Why wouldn't I be?'

Kidd just shook his head, removing his hand from her shoulder and then turning again to make his way up the small staircase and take a spot besides Kenway. Elizabeth followed him quickly, not wanting to be left alone on the deck as the ocean waters began to lap against the side of the ship, rocking the ship as they came. Rain started to fall, first it came slowly- and then more powerful. Hitting the sails as it showered from the sky, slapping them as it came. 

The droplets fell onto the top of her head first, rolling down the greasy locks of her brown hair. They rolled down her pale skin, collecting the dried dirt and sweat from the days events. A soft thud sounded as they landed on the skirt of her green dress- making it damp quickly.

James Kidd was several strides ahead of her, his wet boots thudding on the damp wood of the Jackdaw's surface. His red bandana blowing in the wind.

'How does it look, Kenway!' He called up to the blonde 'privateer', pausing for a moment to set his hand on the railing leading up to the main deck.

'We're in deep now, Kidd!' In the distance the sky became darker, the waves rising higher, and the telltale sound of the soft rumble of thunder causing even the ship to vibrate under it's powerful sound. More of the Jackdaw's crew hurried past them- several items in their hands. The ship continued to rock to the rhythm of the powerful waves, ripple's of water washing ashore, rolling along the timber surfaces. Elizabeth and Kidd alike caught off guard as the ship rocked unevenly, causing the two of them to lose their footing.