Welcome to Kingston!

*A/N*

True Story-
Teacher- 'Emm? What's one inanimate object you appreciate?'
Me- 'James Kidd's Bandana.'

The look on her face said it all! :)

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Land was a relieving sight for Elizabeth, even if it was foreign land. Her first experience on a ship hadn't been very pleasing- she wasn't one for ships nor storms. Combine the two and it had been very close to being her own personal Hell. The three main men aboard had laughed at her various times, finding that her tendency to puke at every rock of the brig amusing. She now awaited eagerly to escape the confining and somewhat sickening sight of the Jackdaw. The Kingston dock growing nearer and nearer as the crew around her prepared to tie the boat along the wooden dock.

The sun was just rising over the horizon, signaling the start of another day. Elizabeth was dreadfully tired as she stood in her wet dress, the fabric sticking to her body. At least she felt somewhat clean.

She felt the presence of a body besides her, having just arrived. Obviously as she looked over at the being it was none other than James Kidd, adjusting his brilliant red bandana as he looked over the Kingston docks.

'So,' he began, finishing the tie on his bandana. 'How was ye first experience on a fine brig such as this one?'

Elizabeth raised her eyebrows questionably, pondering if he was really asking her a question with a painfully obvious answer.

'Do I really need to answer that?' Elizabeth attempted to pull the wet fabric from her leg, thought to no avail.

'I suppose not,' James continued, moving his hands down to readjust his belt. 'It was a stupid question anyway.'

'Quite.' Elizabeth couldn't help but smile at the expression represented on James' face.

'Ye didn't enjoy it, huh?' Kidd stopped fiddling with his outfit, now turning his full attention to the brown haired girl beside him.

'I wouldn't say that...' she pondered. 'Maybe if the storm hadn't occurred I'd have a different opinion.'

'Heh, Mother Nature's a strange lass now, ain't she?' James began, staring up at the sky. 'Well, you're gonna have to get used to it- This ship is the only way back to Nassau.'

Elizabeth mentally groaned.

The Jackdaw bumped up against the dock, silently signaling that it was safe to exit the ship now- and Elizabeth wanted to eagerly. She wanted to feel the stableness of the earth beneath her feet. Kidd climbed down first, using the cannon's as his footholds on his way down, then he directed his attention to Elizabeth, inviting her to make her way down next. She swung her leg over the railing, the wet fabric making any movement difficult- she desperately longed to be rid of it. As if reading her mind James spoke up.

'Don' ye worry now, lass, we'll find you something a tad more comfortable to journey around in.'

Elizabeth nodded gratefully, then proceeded to climb down the side of the Jackdaw- Edward coming down next.

When her feet hit the deck next to the grand ship it took everything within her to stop herself from dropping to the ground and giving it a great big kiss. Now that would've looked even more foolish then Kidd in a dress. Edward dropped down besides her with ease, turning to give her a quick look over.

'Alright!' he clasped his hands together, staring at both Kidd and Elizabeth. 'First order of business, get this young lass some new clothes.'

James tossed a few spare Reales to Elizabeth, who caught them with ease. 'Buy yourself something comfortable, lass, no more of those frilly dresses.'