Chapter Ten | Distraction (pt. 2)

"I'm a man on a mission, straight ahead,
Less talk, more action, with no distractions"

»«

"Whoa." Dana spoke aloud as they entered the ship. "I knew everyone was frozen in place . . . but this is so weird."

"We're in." Agent Fowler spoke over his earpiece, the kids also able to hear him through theirs. Should any of them, even Fowler, be compromised, there would at least be four other people to speak to Ratchet.

"Good." The medic spoke. "You should be able to use any console to access the data core."

Dana raised an eyebrow. That seemed like rather poor planning on the Decepticon's part. What if they had a spy aboard their ship? Then they could access all the information they could ever want. Was anyone monitoring that stuff?

Soundwave. She realized. Duh.

They walked through the halls of the Nemesis, searching. The hallways were incredibly long and wide for them, making what would usually be a quick walk for a Cybertronian a good hike for the humans, Rafael stopping as they reached an intersection of hallways.

"H-here's one." He gulps, pointing.

The other humans jerked in surprise when they realized that, at the console, stood the Decepticon medic Knock Out. He remained frozen in place, even after Miko pounded on his pede.

"Doc Knock is knocked out!" She announced.

"Look." Rafael pointed. "The ship has already decoded two sets of coordinates." Right as he said it, there was a beep and a third set of coordinates popped up on the screen. "Three!"

"Lets get this over with." Agent Fowler announced, heading over to Knock Out and beginning to climb.

"Jack, Miko, if Agent Fowler and Raf are doing this, we should figure out how to dump the Dark energon." Dana spoke.

"I don't like the idea of splitting up. Especially with all these Decepticons on board." Jack countered, frowning as he watched Raf and Fowler make it to the top and plug in the data drive.

"Could we perhaps disable the ship from here?" Agent Fowler asked to both the listening Ratchet and the kids.

"You could disable the navigation module from there." Ratchet supplies helpfully. "By doing so it won't be able to figure out where it's going. That will at the very least delay it enough that we can come up with a better solution. Pull up the navigation menu!"

"There!" Rafael points, making to go to it before Agent Fowler stops him.

"Step aside, son." The Agent told him, heading over to where he indicated, pressing his hand on the button.

The Agent suddenly let out a cry of shock as he was electrocuted by the ship, stumbling briefly before he fell off the console at at the three kids' feet.

"Agent Fowler!" Jack shouted, Dana immediately bending down to check his pulse.

"Do not tamper with my systems!" The ship snarled. "Any Cybertronian who interferes with my mission will be neutralized!"

"He's alive." Dana announced to the other humans; despite Fowler passing out and falling what looked to be about ten feet, he still had a pulse. The human girl looked over her shoulder to see what looked like a camera scanning the area.

"It doesn't see us!" Miko sounded triumphant.

"Yet." Ratchet quipped back. "It must not be scanning for carbon-based lifeforms. But once it widens its search parameters . . ."