Afraid of the Savageness

Enjoy!

Ezra paced the Common room with impatience.
It had been a few hours since the Fulcrum transmission and now they were waiting for Hera to come out of the cockpit.
She was talking to Commander Sato about docking at Naboo.

"Kid, just keep in mind that this Sphinxa herb will take time to work" Kanan said. He had been watching the Fyrnock pace for ages.
"I know Kanan" Ezra replied still walking back and forth. Not looking up.

Suddenly, the door opened and Hera came in.
Ezra stopped and looked over his shoulder at the twe'lik, hope shinning in his eyes.
"Commander Sato said we could dock after we've completed a mission..."
Ezra groaned and smacked a paw against the ground in frustration.
"Ezra, this assignment is vital. It needs to be done" Hera told him crouching beside Ezra and gently stroking the boy's head.
"Plus, it'll be good for you to have some excircise" Kanan added.
Everyone looked at him.
"What? The kid hasn't been on a mission for ages. And he needs something to do. This will be a great way for him to get back in the game" Kanan explained.
"Do you think it'll be safe? I mean, if I go savage and see you guys as threats, I could possibly kill you" Ezra whimpered.
"And I couldn't live with myself if I did."
"Ez, do us a favour, and only see the Stormtroopers as enemies" Sabine told him.
"Sabine, you don't understand. When I'm a wild Fyrnock, I don't have a sense of good and bad. I see everyone as a danger, and have an instinct to kill. If we're in a battle between Stormtroopers, I could suddenly turn savage and attack you guys instead."
The crew looked at one another worriedly.
"Do you really see everyone as threats?" Zeb asked after a while.
"Zeb, Fyrnocks are pack animals. When I'm a wild one, I feel vulnerable to everyone without a group to back me up. That's why I'm so defensive against others."
"Oh, that makes a bit more sense" Hera said.
"But, we're kind of like your pack, aren't we?" Sabine asked.
"When I'm a human. Not when I'm a Fyrnock" Ezra sighed sadly.
"C'mon kid. Just this once. Come with us" Kanan argued.
Ezra glanced around at everyone else who nodded. Even Chopper who was missing the teen's attitude and self.
He considered it.
"Okay fine, but if I lose control, make sure you get me inside my cabin immediately, alright?"
"Agreed" they all said.

Sorry it's so short.
The next part should be up soon!
All the best.

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲