Freedom

The plan was simple but risky. We were to go to the capital to "Visit Grandma" and once there we were in the capital we were going to take Ace with us and find a way into the Presidents mansion. From there we were going to take out a few guards and free Mom, Dad, Gale, and Topat.

"Malissa can we go visit our Grandma we will take Ace with us!?" Raif and I asked one morning

Malissa looked terrible she had been released from the hospital a few days ago. She had been looking after us along with Ace who we had not told the plan to but were going to on the way. Malissa nodded and said "Go ahead be back in a few days ok?"

"Ok! We are going to take Ty and Trist with us too."

"Fine." She said and we were out the door.

We met Ace in the hall and told him that we were going and as planned he insisted he come too. We left half an hour later and were in the capital a few hours later.

We were running through the streets as soon as our feet hit the pavement. Ace was trying to keep up and was none to polite about it. He caught up and we told him the plan and made it clear there was no stopping us. He wasn't happy about it but he agreed to help us.

We reached the manor in record time. We found a way in through the back entrance and were well on our way to the dungeon when Peace keepers rounded the corner with a sack in their hands. We hid and they passed us. As they walked away part of the sack moved up to reveal Topat's cold dead face. I would have screamed if it weren't for Ace's hand covering my mouth.

Ty hugged me and helped me to my feet and we were off again. We took out the guards before they knew what hit them (thanks to Ty and my arrows). We took their keys and walked into the dark smelly dungeon. I opened the cell where My family was and Raif and I hugged them waking them up.

Mom was suprized but that didnt last long wewere all ushered out of the cell and up the steps Ace bringing up the rear.

We were out the front door and halfway back to the hover craft when the Peace keepers showed up from behind. Ace stopped to hold them off and told us to flee. I didn't want to flee and would have stayed except Dad picked me up and carried me. I watched as Ace killed two thirds almost in slow motion then was stabbed.

We were taking off. Ace was ead but Mom and Dad were safe. Mom held Raif and Dad held me tight. Maybe now we can go home. I thought but knew we would never be able to go home. Not until Nash was dead.