Interviews

When woke up the next morning the door was unlocked. Before leaving to go get changed Ty gave me a kiss not a kiss on the cheek like last nights was this one was the best one ever. It only lasted for a few seconds but it felt like it had lasted years. Ty pulled away and left the room leaving me to my shock.

When I walked down to breakfast Ty wasn't there yet but Haymitch and our escort were. 'I should probably learn her name.' I thought as a tray of food was set in front of me.

Ty walked in and I look at him and see in his eyes that something was on his mind but when I give him a quizzical look he just shakes his head and mouths the word 'Later'. Later? we are going to be separated all day unless he decides to be coached together which as much as he loves me I doubt he will.

"So are you two lovebirds going to be coached together or separately?" Haymitch says in a emotionless voice.

I look at Ty in a 'You're choice' gesture. He gets my message and says "Separately."

"Very well Ty you are with me first. Em you will go with Amberisha." Amberisha? That's her name? Well the capital people have the weirdest names I shouldn't be surprised. I think as I finish my food.

After all of us are finished I give Ty a kiss on the cheek and walk off in the direction Amberisha had started in. We went to my room and she had me put on my dress from the chariot ride but instead of my flats she had me put on heels that made me at least three feet taller. I had to walk around in them till she was satisfied I could walk out on stage without falling.

Haymitche's session was easy considering my personality was more distinct than my mother's was (and in my opinion still is). I was defiantly charming. I was delicate and beautiful but I can be very deadly.

After my time with Haymitch was up I was rushed off to be beautified before the Interview. After all the makeup was put on and my hair brushed and styled Flare came in with a bag covering what I assumed to be my dress. Just like last time I was told to close my eyes. The dress was pulled over me. I was lead to a mirror and told to open my eyes. When my eyes adjusted I saw a girl who was much to pretty to be me. The girl was waring a dress that made her glow. The dress was a Light pinkish yellow that made its way down to the girls shins. The girl had dark hair that was curled just enough that it framed her face perfectly. The shoes we of course high heels.

                                                                   ***********************

X Authors note: If you want to experience the full potential of this part of the chapter listen to Nightingale by Rachel Macwhirter Enjoy X

The Interview went at a fast pace  I hardly saw any of the other tributes. All to soon it was my turn. I walked out to the seat that was waiting for me. I shook Ceasar's hand and took my seat.

"So Katni... I mean Emily how do you like the capital?"

I couldn't tell if that was a real mistake or not so I just answered the question. "It's not home." I sounded so childish I wanted to slap myself. But the crowd liked it they all awed at once.

"I'm sorry you just look so much like you're Mother. Except for those eyes they are defiantly Peeta's eyes."

I wanted to scream at him for talking about my parents like he their old friend. He should have died with Snow and Coin. Instead of screaming like I wanted to I said "Yeah I get that a lot."

"Now lets see if you can spin as well as your mom could."

So I stood up and started to spin. The crowd oohed and awed and I could tell they liked it but all I could think about was wanting to become a bird and fly out an open window back to my Mom and Dad. I wanted to grab Ty and run. Tears started to fall and I had to stop spinning. Ty seeing my tears was on his feet and at my side in an instant his arms around me.

"Emmy whats wrong?" He whispered

"I want to go home! Ty, I want to get out of this place."

"I know Em, I know."

"Is this another district twelve love?"

I wanted more than ever to get off the stage but I knew Ty still had his turn and He was not going to let me go even when my time ran out he just stroked my hair and answered all the questions that he was asked including the one he had asked about us in love. his answer was "Yes I think so don't you Emmy?" I could only nod and Barry my face in Ty's shoulder. Finally the Interview ended and we all left the stage. At least one tribute from each district came up and gave me a hug or wished us well even though they were not going to kill us or anyone else.

Finally we were back on our own floor and I wet straight to my room without anything to eat. Ty stayed in my room again because we knew we wouldn't get to see each other again till we were in the arena. Eventually I fell asleep on the couch with my head on Ty's shoulder.