The Games

Raif's POV*

Our parents had made us stay in their room as soon as they had come back. Mom had started having worse and worse nightmares. Dad clenched the back of chairs more than usual. Gale just looked defeated and Marissa had started crying. Rosie slept with Mom because it was the person who was the most like Em. Trist and I were not allowed outside of the room. Once the Interviews had started, a TV had been brought in so we wouldn't have to leave the room to watch Ty and Em.

When the announcer said, "Let the 76th Hunger Games begin!" everyone looked at Em for some reason. Mom freaked out and Dad had to try to calm her down. Trist and I were mimicking each other's terrified expression. When the gong sounded and they could get off the metal plates without being blown up, everyone WALKED to the Cornucopia and sat down in District order. District One said something to Em and she ran up to the Cornucopia and grabbed a bow and some arrows and some knives and handed the knives to District One.

Ty grabbed a spear for himself and they continued handing out a chosen weapon for each District. Trist and I just stared in shock. Why weren't they trying to kill each other? When Mom looked up, realization crossed her face and that's when the phone rang. She answered it and held it where everyone could hear what was said.

"Hey, sweetheart! See what your girl is capable of?"

"Haymitch?" Mom and Dad ask at the same time.

"Yeah 'its me! Your girl is so much easier to train than you were, Katniss. She loved like you were but her personality is more distinct," Haymitch said.

"So are you going to help us break all of them out like you got us out last time?" Mom asked sharply.

"I'll send your girl a message on where to have everyone meet but we need to get them out soon before the mutts are released or they start to turn on each other."

"I'll call Topat and Ace," Gale said, a new hope in his eyes.

"Tell them to meet us at Force Field."

"You got it, Sweetheart. I'll also get their stylists and possibly their escort in on it and I think I can get all the mentors to help get the kids families to 13."

"Great! See you in two days time!" Dad said and went with Gale to go get Topat and Ace.

"Mom, are we going to get Ty and Em back?" Trist asked.

She let out a small laugh but tears were still rolling down her face. As she pulled Trist into her arms she said, "Yes, I think we will get them back."

"I hope so," I mumbled and went back to watching Em and Ty take charge of the surprisingly peaceful group. I watched till Districts One and Twelve took watch and the others slept then Mom called me to bed. Good night Emmy and Good Luck....