- 16

Alex spent half the night moving Klaus's sire line to the heart so no vampire would suddenly fall dead on the floor, she had no idea who was linked to her and it would be safer to keep them connected to a heart that wasn't an angel demon hybrid heart, Elijah had left after she had finished.

When the morning sun raised and filled her penthouse with sunlight she was already on busy on her laptop looking at the final white-oak bullet as it was being auctioned off to the highest bidder, she lets out a sigh pushing herself off the counter and went to the fridge, she opens it and looks around.

"Nothing, absolutely nothing," Alex says staring at her fully stocked fridge, she closes the fridge and leans over the counter looking at her laptop again when a loud knock on her door interrupted her. 

"OPEN THE DOOR, ALEX!" Kol yells, Alex lets out a groan and closes her laptop before walking towards the front door, she opens it and stares at Kol.

"Good morning, Kol, it's nice to see that you're alive," Alex says. "I'm sure you thanked Davina."

"I do not have time for your sarcasm, Alex," Kol says. "Why in the hell is Finn alive as well?" Alex shrugs.

"Witchy stuff, that isn't my department," Alex says. "Perhaps you should go ask Davina? I mean, she brought you back from the dead."

"Are you jealous?" Kol asks.

"Excuse me?" Alex says. "No, I'm not, I just remember you telling me that the spell she most likely used was corrupted." Kol stares at her. "Perhaps that's the problem," Kol growls at her and slams his hands against the invisible barrier separating them.

"This is not a joke, Alex," Kol says.

"Am I laughing?" Alex asks. "Go ask your sister, and while you're there, could you tell your brothers that the final white-oak bullet is being auctioned off?" Kol's eyes widen at the piece of information.

"There's still one left?" Kol asks, Alex nods her head.

"Yes, now excuse me, I'm trying to find the person," Alex says, she slams the door shut and walks back to the laptop.

•••

Alex appears inside the back of a car next to a female vampire.

"Traffic's a bitch," Alex says, the woman snaps her neck to look at Alex. "Oh, one moment." Alex snaps the driver's neck and looks back at Sofya, she reaches for the door but Alex grabbed her wrist. "I don't think that's the best idea."

"Who are you?" Sofya asks.

"Not of importance right now," Alex says. "The bullet please?"

"Over my dead body," Sofya says, A mischievous smirk tugs at the corners of Alex's lips.

"All right, I'll take it with force," Alex says, she blinds Sofya and reaches into Sofya's pocket. "How one little bullet can cause so much trouble." Alex takes the bullet from her pocket and places it in her own pocket. "Now, I have to run, but don't worry you're about to have some company." Alex disappears just as the door was pulled open.

•••

Alex steps into the compounding and heard Marcel talking to somebody.

"We had the person, but she didn't have the bullet anymore," Marcel says. "Apparently somebody already took it, and when we asked her who it was, she described your friend, Alex, to us." Alex appears behind Marcel and into Elijah's eyesight. "Now I don't know her that well, but a piece of advice, get rid of her before she gets rid of us."

"Talking about somebody behind their backs," Alex says behind Marcel, Marcel turns around hearing her voice in his ear. "Is extremely rude."

"You haven't exactly given me any reason to talk to you face to face," Marcel says, Alex softly chuckles.

"Like I would want to," Alex says, the two glared at each other. "And if I wanted to get rid of you all, I wouldn't need a little bullet." Elijah steps between the two of them.

"So, Marcellus tells me you have the white-oak bullet," Elijah says, Alex looks up at Elijah as she reaches into her pocket, she takes the bullet out and shows it to them.

"I wanted to destroy it myself, but I figured I should at least come and show proof that it is actually the white-oak," Alex says, Elijah holds his hand out.

"My family and I will destroy it," Elijah says.

"Don't just say that and not do it," Alex says, she places the bullet in his hand. "I don't want to hear that it was taken again tomorrow."

"You know, you should really tell people when you're going to be out doing work," Marcel says. "Somebody might think you're the enemy."

"If I wanted to kill any of you, I would have done with a simple wave of my hand," Alex says, she extends her hand towards Marcel as it ignites with holy fire. "Because not even an original can survive holy fire." Marcel takes a step back, Kol steps into the compound.

"Enough showing off, can we destroy the damned thing?" Kol asks, the fire in Alex's hand extinguish as she takes a step back.

"I have to go," Alex says.

"Stay for dinner." Elijah offers, Alex faintly smiles up at him.

"Perhaps another time,"