- 2

Alex held her phone against her ear while looking through the window of Rousseau's, Kol stood next to her going on about this girl sitting inside sulking.

"Her name is Davina Claire," Kol says. "Isn't she beautiful?" Alex glances at him.

"Pretty," Alex says, she looks back at Davina.

"I wish to be with her again, to hold her, to tell her how beautiful she looks," Kol says.

"Ask her to marry you?" Alex asks, Kol looks at Alex as a wide smile sat on his lips.

"Perhaps," Kol says, his eyes said it all, he was completely in love with her. "She has my ashes, she wished to raise me from the dead once she has enough power, but after today..." He trails off. "Let's just say that power has been stripped from her."

"She was shunned?" Alex asks.

"Yes, the New Orleans witches shunned for murdering their own," Kol says, Alex nods her head.

"Am I allowed to ask why?" Alex asks.

"The bloody witch disrespected her, casting speeds on her, hurting her and taunting her," Kol says. "I would have done the same if I were in position, if not worse."

"I'm sure most of us would have done the same," Alex says, Kol takes in a deep breath.

"You must gain her trust, invite her to your apartment, let her see me." Kol says.

"Must I trick her?" Alex asks.

"No," Kol says.

"Do you have a plan? Because I doubt anyone would just go to a stranger's apartment." Alex states, Kol thinks for a moment.

"Don't threaten her," Kol says.

"Hm," Alex says, she removes the phone from her ear and places it in her jacket's pocket, she steps into Rousseau's with Kol right behind her as she makes her way towards Davina, Alex sits down across from her quickly gaining her attention.

"I'm not in the mood for company." Davina mumbles.

"It pains me to see her suffer," Kol says.

"Everybody bad days, hellish weeks, but deal with it," Alex says. "Three years ago, I promised a man a lot of things, I promised him I would change and still he left and broke me."

"Why are you telling me this?" Davina asks.

"Because some days will be bad and some weeks will feel like you're crawling through hell, but you must experience sadness and pain before you can appreciate the happiness," Alex says.

"It wasn't a bad day, it was a horrible day." Davina mumbles.

"Did you die?" Alex asks.

"For goodness sake, Alex," Kol says, but she ignores him.

"I uh, no but." Davina begins, not sure how to respond.

"Then you did not have a horrible day, it was bad, and if it feels like Hell, you've got to keep walking, even if it feels like you're dying, crawl until you get through it," Alex says. "That is how life works." Davina thinks for a moment.

"Did you ever feel like you were dying on your worst day?" Davina asks.

"I wanted to die, but I kept going," Alex says, she remembers that day clear in her mind, the words Elijah had said to her.

"What did he say?" Kol asks.

"What did he tell you?" Davina asks, both of them were curious.

"You are nothing but a distraction, you are nothing but a mere weak human, I do not know why I allowed myself to become involved with you or why I bothered to try to help you, you will always be a lost cause," Alex says, she could feel tears building as she repeated those words.

"That does not sound like my brother at all." Kol states.

"He said that?" Davina asks, Alex nods her head.

"For months I was depressed, I had suicidal thoughts," Alex says. "I came close to taking my own life."

"What changed?" Davina asks.

"I decided to change, I decided that I was going to prove everyone wrong and change myself, I was living my best life in Las Vegas, I was building a future when everything changed," Alex says.

"What happened?" Davina asks.

"I wanted to become a veterinarian, but as you can see, things obviously didn't work out that way for me," Alex says. "I was murdered one night." Davina's eyes widen. "If you want to know the entire story." Alex stood from the table. "Come and find me, and if you do find me, I will help you bring Kol Mikaelson back to life."

"How would I know if you can actually bring him back," Davina asks, suspicious of Alex.

"Trust me," Alex says, she walks around the table and leans down, her lips right next to Davina's ear. "But, I don't do play nice if somebody betrays me, so If you even try to betray me, the witches would be the least of your worries." Alex threatens, she could feel Kol glaring at her. "One more thing, Magic won't help you this time, follow your instincts." Alex leaves the bar.

"I told you not to threaten her!" Kol says loudly as he followed her, Alex chuckles as she walks down the street back to her apartment.

"I don't remember promising you that."