- 15

"Marcel!" Davina says in shock and betrayal as Marcel snapped one of the vampire's neck, Alex appears in the building as it all kicked off.

"I'm sorry, D," Marcel says. "We need to get them out of the water, now!" Marcel looks up at Hayley as she rips out a vampire's heart, Davina thrusts her hands towards the vampires and witches, sending them into the wall.

"NO!" Davina yells, Elijah jumps out of the pool grabbing one of the witches throats, he pulls her into the water sinking his teeth in her neck pulling her underneath the water, drowning her.

"Davina, stop this!" Marcel says as he and Hayley recover from the blow against the wall, Elijah jumps out of the water and begins snapping necks along with Marcel and Hayley, Alex jumps into the water revealing herself to Davina.

"What are you doing?!" Davina asks, Klaus awakes and leaps out of the water only for Davina to push him back into the water with her magic. "No, you've had your time!" Alex dives under the water and grabs the heart, she felt her hand burn as the heart gained power from Klaus's sire line, she surfaces with the heart in her hand as the lights shatter and Davina fell to the floor unconscious, Klaus hits the water after being suspended in the air unconscious.

"Alex?!" Hayley says concerned, Elijah and Marcel weakly climbs into the water and lifts Klaus body, he awakes and looks around.

"I felt them leave," Klaus whispers. "My sire line is broken." Alex slowly climbs out of the water holding the heart in her hand, Elijah looks at her as she walks out of the room avoiding eye contact with them both, she walks through the mansion and Stefan appears by her side as they exit the mansion.

"I want to apologize for everything," Stefan says. "That happened back in Mystic Falls.

"And what did you do wrong besides invading my privacy?" Alex asks.

"I feel like I need apologize, we should and could have tried harder to befriend you in Mystic Falls," Stefan says. "I would like so apologize for Damon's behaviour as well."

"Can you just leave the past in the past?" Alex asks. "I see enough of it when I meet people." They walk down the pathway towards the main gate. "I don't need to be reminded of my own past."

"That doesn't sound..." Stefan begins but trails of not sure how to respond.

"Fun? I know." Alex says. "But it came with the package." They stop outside the gate. "Listen, I think I found something in my book, but uh, it's not going to keep you hidden forever." Stefan nods his head, Alex unbuttons his shirt and hovers her hand over the mark, grey smoke appears underneath her hand before disappearing. "I hope that will help."

"Thank you," Stefan says, Alex nods her head and walks past him before stopping, she looks over her shoulder at him.

"I'm sorry about Elena." Alex begins, Stefan looks at her. "But I'm happy for you and Caroline, but if you wish to keep her, you need to stop this thing with Valerie." Stefan nods his head.

"I will," Stefan says, Alex looks ahead of her before disappearing in front of his eyes.

•••

Alex crumbles up the note that Kol had tried to leave her as she heard a knock on her front door, she walks towards the door and opens letting out a sigh.

"What are you doing here?" Alex asks.

"I came to see if you were all right," Elijah says. "You left without saying a word."

"What was I supposed to say?" Alex asks. "Hey Klaus, half your sire line is about to hit the ground because they're sired to me."

"What?" Elijah asks. "How?"

"When I touched the heart, Davina was busy de-siring Klaus's sire line," Alex says, Elijah nods his head. "I felt the power move up my arm."

"Instead of going to the heart, it went to you," Elijah says, Alex nods her head.

"I have to de-sire them and sire them to the heart, otherwise they're going to drop like flies," Alex says. "And then the worst part, Davina took all that power, not just Klaus's power, mine as well, making sure nobody touched her."

"To bring Kol back," Elijah says, Alex nods her head. "I thought you were going to bring him back."

"That was the original plan, but you know witches," Alex says. "They always want to do it themselves."